Square Circle Forum

As we enter the last few weeks of yet another wonderful KAS year, it's time to plan ahead for 2017. 

We have created a list of themes, which we hope will engage and inspire you.

Jan - Toy Story - Amy

As toys are always needed, Amy will be running this toy drive from Jan-April. Toys can be handmade, shop bought or pre-loved (washed and in good condition) from charity shops. Also, squares with a toy theme. 

Feb - Passion for Purple- Sharon & Louise

March - 1 Heart, 2 Hearts, Pink Hearts, Blue Hearts - Gloria

April - Eat A Rainbow - Valerie

Squares with a fruit and veg flavour. PJ squares in colours of your favourite fruit and veg, or picture squares.

May - Kids Love to Learn - Bev

The alphabet, numbers, colours, transport, short words.....

June -  From Sunrise to Sunset: Mother Nature in Your Day - Sue G.

Take inspiration from what you see in your day. The changing colours of the day, or sun , sky, flowers. a rainbow, misty mountains and whatever the weather, there is something for your eyes to share.

July - Legs and Wings, Fins & Slithery Things: Animals Abound - Amy

August - Terrific to Touch - Heather

Create squares of texture; from classic garter to a multitude of patterns....and don't forget all the fun fur yarns languishing in the bottom of your stash.

September - Diagonals Are Forever & Sassy Stripes Are Superb - Karen G.

October - Gorgeous Grannies & Garters plus Variegated Wonders - Susan D.

November - Temperature - Anneke

A fun new idea from Debbie and Anneke.

December - Odds & Ends - Sharon

Our traditional wind down to Christmas.

As we go about creating squares and other items for 'our' children - in each theme for 2017, let's 'think like a child'. The amazing colours, the designs, the patterns that any child would love......and as always, please don't forget the all-important pj (i.e. garter/single crochet/granny) square that supports all the squares in coming together to create each beautiful blanket.

Views: 1942

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, wonderful list of idea's for next year ladies.  Thank you so much for the list it's always great to know whats coming up so I can plan if I need a trip to the shops to top up the stash.

Thanks Claire.......and who doesn't need a top up of one's stash every now and then?......lol.

A fantastic inspiring list, Bev! Thanks. 

A great lineup, Bev.  Thank you :)  2017 is going to be a year filled with color, warmth, love, and F-U-N!! xo

Wow!  I'm new to KAS and Square Circle - and to crochet, after decades of knitting - and finding so much inspiration here. My stash is currently taking over the house, but I might also have to add to it (any excuse!)

Welcome to our Forum, Lesley.  It's wonderful to have you join us!!  

There are a number of excuses I use for adding to my stash (embarrassingly large, I might add).  To name a few:  It was a shade I didn't have (usually blue) ... It was on sale (hopefully blue) ... I just couldn't resist that color (usually blue) ... I needed it for this month's theme ... and so on and so on and so on.  Use any one(s) you like ... I love to share ... LOL

It's wonderful to hear from you, Lesley. I find much to inspire me in our monthly themes and in the photo section. I would love to see some of your creations......but no pressure.....lol.

Thank you so much for joining us. I hear you about your stash taking over your house....same here....just as well the kids have left home.....more storage space....lol. 

Welcome Lesley. I too have knitted for 52 years, and only learned to crotchet 12 months ago....ohhhhhh the STASH, seems we are all afflicted haha!

Have just added to it again this morning - it's definitely an addiction!!

Thanks Bev.....time to sort picture graphs and start planning with the stash!

I find I plan for projects with my stash in mind and then I see another project and my mind goes into overdrive. Then oops I need yarn. Husband grabs what hair he has left and the yarn comes through the front door!

Sometimes even when I plan for projects, I change the design half way through and have to buy more yarn.....hubby doesn't even say anything anymore......I think he knows there's simply no point......lol.....though if he saw how much I have hidden, he probably would....or perhaps he's got wise and realizes, 'happy wife , happy life'.....lol.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY 2 BAGS OF FRUIT

CLICK HERE

SQUARES LIST

The September 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service