Welcome to the November Challenge!

We have had our first snowfall here in Eastern Canada, and it won’t be long before shopping centres are full with Christmas decorations and all sorts of toys and games. What better time to put our crafting creativity into fun, toy-themed squares for our children!

Classic toys and games like these might be a good start.

Do you have a special memory of a favourite toy or game from your childhood? That could be a wonderful inspiration for squares!

And, don’t forget our favourite toy – crayons. Why you ask?

Why, to make crayon-coloured Plain Janes, like these beauties from Anne P., of course!

After you have had fun and games with your toy and game squares, why not try a Teddy Bear?

Our Pattern of the Month is the wonderful Teddy Hand Puppet designed in knit by Shelley Pearson and in crochet by Andrea Palmatier.

I have never made a knit toy, but I am going to give it a try this month. Won’t you join me?

You will be able to visit our Square Art Galleries here:

Forum Photo Album

Pinterest

Don't forget to follow our wonderful new challenge and add your square totals there:

KAS Reaches New Heights for Children

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• November Challenge

A caterpillar (you know, like the stuffed toys for babies)...... needle-felted by Kym, knitted by me. When I saw Kym on the w-end, she said "I will have to knit you another yellow square because I have totally wrecked the one you gave me.". I asked her to bring it in to work and show me anyway....but look... Its FANTASTIC!! A little child is going to LOVE running their fingers over this 3D cutie . Well done, Kym!!!!

This is our last square for November.  :)

• November Challenge

This teddy was a graph from a dishcloth pattern. I borrowed bits of the facial features from other teddy graphs. His smile ended up a bit funny. :))

• November Challenge

Toy train needle-felted by Kym, square by me. :)
    Not normally a 'green' person, but this was such a pretty colour...think the camera has not shown it at its best...and for some reason the steam is showing up blue on my screen,when in fact it is white.

• Here are some adorable dolls by Annie (USA).  The children will love them !

040 Two pals            056 Hide and seek

IMG_1950 Group of nine

• This will be my last submission for November, but hopefully not my last toy !  I have posted three photos to show how it looks closed ...

2965109556?profile=RESIZE_320x320

Opened ...

2965109716?profile=RESIZE_320x320And flipped over to play :)))

2868291130?profile=RESIZE_320x320I will send printed instructions inside the pouch.  This was fun to make, but took me quite a long time to do as the tiny pieces are not intended to be worked with arthritic fingers ... LOL

Laurie, I want to thank you for this wonderful month of fun !!  I have a feeling that a bit of this challenge will sneak in every now and then in the form of another toy, teddy bear, or game.  It's been a real joy to be able to reach back into my childhood for memories and ideas to help to create Toys, Games, and Teddy Bears for our precious little children.  Everyone has done a spectacular job!

And I just love looking at all the photos ... our KAS brag book :))) ... and imagining the fun the children will have with all the fabulousl gifts. xo

• My most heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you extraordinary women!

You have created wonderful toys this month that will bring so much joy to our children. Many of us have been busy elsewhere this month, but we have still shared ideas and laughter and sadness. That is the beauty of KAS. We are a community. I am grateful to be a part of it and to call all of you friends! Sending you much love and warm hugs!

2965109199?profile=original

Carol's wonderful Red Challenge for December has begun. Looking forward to seeing you there!

• Well, here we are, November 30th, 5:00 pm, and teddy has finally arrived for the picnic! We'll have to imagine that the picnic is with you in Australia, Bev and Sharon, because it's 18 below in Quebec today!

2965110087?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

The white specs on him aren't snow, just the stuffing I had a terrible time picking off!

• I do have a little something to add Laurie, although I've missed most of this month's challenge :(  I had tons of ideas, but family took precedence I'm afraid!  I know you understand!  Here are four of the squares I made while

visiting the grandchildren:Fun squares

Thank you for hosting an awesome challenge Laurie!  I can see that everyone used their amazing creativity to come up with great toys and fun squares for the children!  

XOXOXO

• 2930232408?profile=originalGosh, Oh, Gee ... November is almost gone already.  How does it fly by so fast?   I had so much more that I wanted to do this month!  Anyway, here are my last two little projects for the toy challenge.

Thank you, Laurie, for such a fun challenge.  I really enjoyed all the teddy bears, and toys, and learned some new things along the way.   I hope the children have as much fun with the toys as we had!  LOL!

• 2965092125?profile=originalA few more little toys.   Sally Pickles and two little blocks.  One block is made with bobbles so it looks like the numbers on dice cubes, the other is just random textures.

This reply was deleted.