With many thanks to Debbie Posmontier,

who launched the idea of temperature squares as a monthly theme.

I am pleased to host:

TEMPERATURES AROUND THE GLOBE IN 30 DAYS 

Have you heard of temperature squares?

They are a wonderful theme idea, and it's easy to see why -- they're fun to make, a 30 day project and have the potential to turn into cheerful blankets for boys and girls.

What are temparature squares? 

The basic idea is that you knit or crochet a square for a blanket in a color that coordinates with the temperature. If you use different  colors, you'll get a beautiful variation throughout the day, week or even month . Depending on the climate where you live, each color will correspond to the degrees.

Below  is a sample color chart. I have chosen this one for the children because of its bold colors. Please feel free to use pastels, shades, tones.

Don’t think if it snows and it is far below zero (-18C), your square should consist of one color only (following the chart it should be Pinky Purple)..the day has more temperatures than one, maybe the same day it rises up to -7C (Blue).. and imagine sitting in the sun…..the real feel could be +10C (Green) and the colors of your square will change….and maybe even your mood?

There are so many variations you could do for squares , or maybe you are in the mood to make a blanket….

- You don't necessarily have to make striped squares…..use any pattern you like, e.g. circle in a square, CtC diagonal stripes, diagonal knit squares, granny squares, and so on. The stripes or other patterns and plain janes will represent our global community temperature squares.

- Think of the high and low temp of each day – and also at night - for a single location, or,

- The high and low temperatures of a location combined in the northern and southern hemisphere, e.g. Toronto combined with Bryanston.....

Since we live all over the world, the possibilities are endless and I am curious to see what the temperatures will bring!

Talking about temperatures: Handwarmers are more than welcome!

Have fun Everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~

Photo album: http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/november-2017-theme-temperatures-around-the-globe-in-30-days

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I know it's a few months down the line, but I was so taken with the Temperature Theme that I wanted to incorporate the squares I made for it into a complete blanket. Got there eventually:

SAM_0754

• Wow Patricia, what a lovely surprise :) This is a stunning blanket, so beautifully designed and truly artistic. The child who receives it will cherish it from to the moon and back! Thank you so much! xo

• Definitely worth the wait, Patricia.   This is one stunning blanket.  

• Wow, this is beautiful. Patricia. LOVE your rainbow centre.  :))

• November Theme 2017 - Temperature

Pink and orange looking a little pale and washed out.....oops, didn't realize there was quite so much grey/bronze in the ball of variegated. :((

Thank you so very much for hosting this new and interesting idea/theme, Anneke.  xo

Thanks also, to Debbie.  :))

• Thank you so much Bev. I hope that Debbie  will have time shortly to see what has become of her splendid idea to do this Theme. Your handwarmers are a lovely surprise and any girl will cherish these beautifully knitted, colourful handwarmers to the moon and back. xoxo

• A 16" Temperature Square.

It's getting colder here on the North Wales Coast. A warm start to the month with yellow, changing into greens and finally into blue. I know I have interpreted the theme differently from a usual temperature square but I saw the sheep on Pinterest and couldn't resist using them.2930375976?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Oooh Marion, this is sooo sweet! And what a stunning piece of art, love everything about it. I feel honored that you made such a lovely square for the November Theme. So nicely transformd temperatures into colors. It must be very cold out there because even the sheep wear scarves! This square expresses a lot of humor! xoxo

• Awww Marion, this is so adorable!  Glad you couldn't resist putting the sheep in ... xo

• Sixty-six pairs of handwarmers made by Cath Riley's friend Margaret:

2965472667?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

This reply was deleted.