Square Circle Forum

PRETTY PASTELS

We all know how our eye is immediately attracted to bright, strong colours, but this month I would like you to think about the shrinking violet, the gentle yellow cowslip or the pale green euphorbia.

Maybe they don't have the same eye-catching power as the vibrant purple iris or a brilliant red rose. but they, too, are beautiful in a quieter, more tranquil  way. This is the gift of the pretty pastel colours.

They are found everywhere: in nature, in our clothes, in fashion, in our food

.........and quite definitely in our yarn.

How many of you remember the delicious sherbert flying saucers,or the candy alphabet sweets?

All these beautiful colours can be used alone or in contrast with the more vibrant colours.

Even if you prefer your colours bright and vibrant, just for once try the pretty pastels. They will be pretty with variegated yarn or as PJ’s for the November Pattern of the Month.

They're really ZEN!  You never know you might become addicted.

Use the link below to enter the November theme photo album

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/2016-november-pretty-pa...

Views: 4166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good luck. How I sympathise with you!

Valerie,

Thank you for hosting this theme.  I was wonderful to see everyone's soft and warm creations. This just goes to show you, that all colors are beautiful.  I cannot wait to see all the blankets with these squares in them.

Thank you Ay. I, too, look forward to seeing lots of lovely PASTEL blankets!!

Adding a blanket by Grace Weir and her friend Thelma.  It is never too late to add such a beautiful blanket to the theme :-)

This blanket is another joint effort with my friend Thelma.
She has knitted these beautiful squares and I have completed the sewing up and edging...

KAS Blanket 7

Grace, this blanket is magnificent. Please give our thanks to Thelma. I can just imagine some lovely child wrapped in this blanket.

Beautiful, thank you Grace and Thelma. A very lucky child will be very happy !!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY 2 BAGS OF FRUIT

CLICK HERE

SQUARES LIST

The September 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service