Square Circle Forum

For the next two weeks, prior to the beginning of the next BIG SURPRISE CHALLENGE, we are giving you free reign to HAVE SOME FUN, while creating mucho squares!

BUT WAIT!  Hold your hat!  Or should I say; HOLD – THE – HATS!!

We have learned from Ronda and her crew that they have approximately 3 hats for every potential blanket!  We have been asked, for the time being, to please focus on squares rather than hats.  Might I suggest that, rather than making a hat, you make 3 squares instead?

As you can see from the photos that Ronda provided, they have A LOT of hats!

Lots of hats!                         

....and more hats!
SO MANY HATS!

SO, let's work on our fundamental purpose, MAKING SQUARES!!

As always, the greatest need is for plain jane squares!  But if you need some inspiration, here are some ideas for you!

Finish your UFOs (unfinished objects!)  If you are like me, you probably have a few partially done squares hiding away in your cupboards.  This is a great opportunity to finish up all of those squares that were started for a different challenge and never got finished!

Explore your creativity!  There are limitless possibilities for exploring your creativity.  Color is one of my favorite ways to do that!  Where to look?  A color wheel can help when trying new colors together!  

Fabric can give you some great color combos; I love perusing the fabric store for ideas!

Pump out some major PJs!!!    Wouldn’t it be awesome to see stacks and stacks of plain janes?!?!  Check out Susan Haines’ stack of 88 squares!

I hope you have some fun with our “Un-challenge”!  I can’t wait to see what you create!!

*****Laurie Fortier has graciously created a Pinterest page for the "Un-challenge"!  The link for that is here:

http://www.pinterest.com/forstew/knit-a-square-the-october-un-chall...

*****You can also find the photo albums for this challenge here:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/october-2013-the-un-cha...

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/october-2013-unchalleng...

Views: 9868

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I have to admit, I'm getting a little tired of Alphabet squares!  I took a break to make a couple grannies, and then back to the Alphabet!  Hopefully, I can get them done by next week and can move on to some other fun stuff, LOL!

Oh this is going to be so much fun... and relaxing at the same time.  I have set my own personal Unchallenge.  I've been staring at the balls of yarn in the photo below - all sportweight, so I'll have to use 2 strands. I'm going to see how many PJs I can turn this into (although if I get too bored with the orange/white/purple PJ thing, I may have to resort to some stripes just for relief)

I LOVE making these diagonals, I think I'm going to do a whole blanket of them :)!!

This is my first set of squares for the October challenge- some of these were actually going to be "crayon colors" for the Sept. challenge but, oh well! I think the yellow with a pink center is my favorite :-D.

I have an odds-and-ends collection of squares to add.  Many are the beloved chain stitch squares, because I have figured out how to make these and read at the same time!  LOL!  Is that a public statement of just how nerdy I am? 

Below is Mary Sillanpaa's very first square!  She did a terrific job; I just love red and white together!!  I hope we see many more from Mary's needles!

2013-10-05 15.06.29

The first nine

Got a bit bored with the orange and purple mega-balls, so here are two "alma mater" squares.  Red and black for my high school and a blue and white square for the Hospital for Sick Children (Sick Kids) Nursing School. We wore blue dresses, white bibs and aprons, and for the first two years, black shoes and stockings. The day we started third year and could wear white shoes, we had a huge party. It culminated with the whole class piling on the Island Ferry and hurling the hated black shoes into the middle of Toronto Harbour. (not very ecofriendly by today's standards, but gee it was fun).

Here are my first squares for this challenge.  Lexus had to be in every photo.  I finally gave up and this one does show more squares and less cat:-)   I'm sure she just wants you to notice that she blends so well with these squares.... even her collar is colour co-ordinated !  The squares are very soft and thick so crocheted up very quickly.

What a sweet and thoughtful idea Maggie! You are such a giving and generous heart and I know they will love them! XOXO
Yes, definitely some photos Maggie!

Gorgeous squares Maggie!  You should be very proud of them; your color combos are beautiful and I love the squares-in-the-square!  Well done!

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Image result for please images

Please go directly to the Donate page HERE as the Subscribe button below is experiencing difficulties !

[To view other options, Click on Option 1]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $17484.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

KAS MERCHANDISE

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The June 2017 Squares List is delayed. Our sincere apologies.

For the May 2017 Squares List please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service