Square Circle Forum

"Variety is the Spice of Life"- and this month's theme offers plenty of variety whatever your level of skills in knitting or crochet.

Let  your imagination run riot with  yarn, colour,  stitch  and texture to create squares, blankets, hand warmers or toys, whether a  traditional crochet granny square,  in knitted garter stitch -  we love Plain Janes  - or in the wonderful range of variegated yarn. 

Or try your hand at something new  - there are lots of ideas on the KAS Pattern Book

Do share your pictures of grannies, garters and variegated wonders  on the KAS Square Forum page - under Photos and also under Discussion Categories for the October 2017 theme.   We look forward to seeing them.

Postcript: 

With apologies, I prepared this introduction ages ago with lots of your lovely squares as examples of grannies, garters and variegated wonders - but I have spent all afternoon trying to post it, and it keeps telling me I am way, way over the no. of characters allowed. I admit I am not very IT savvy, but I have resized images, edited the text to no avail. So instead - here it is in plain words.

I look forward to you all adding lots of colour to this month's theme.

THANK YOU.

Views: 2141

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had to laugh because she told the parish lady that she was afraid that they were too colourful.......as if that were possible!

Aw, bless her, these are beautiful, Valerie.  :))

If I were closer, I'd help tail and butterfly.  :))

Thanks for the support, Bev. While I'm doing it, I'll just imagine that you're sitting next to me wih half the pile in front of you and we'll be having a good old natter about KAS.

I'm just going to take everything slowly. I have lots of other stuff to send off.

A wonderful contribution, Valerie - you will be kept busy “butterflying” them all!

I had some lovely chunky, variegated green yarn kindly gifted to me by Amy P. Although not on the current wish list, the chunky yarn was perfect for Go-Overs....

with a little help from some cream yarn for collar and cuffs it made two warm, soft G-O's, thank you Amy.

Lovely colours and beautifully crocheted Christine :)

This is beautiful, Chris.......and it looks sooooo nice and soft and warm.  :))

They're so sweet.

I can only echo other comments, Christine. Your jumpers are so beautifully made and I love the muted colors.

How lovely. This looks so warm and cosy and pretty too.

October 2017 Theme - Gorgeous Grannies and Garters & Variegated Wonders

Three pair handwarmers in some yarn I bought online from the UK, called Hayfields Bonus Buzz.

A very frustrated knitter this month. Soooo many variegated yarns that I want to knit, but am busy helping cleaning, packing up and painting my eldest son's house in readiness to sell. I have discovered many muscles and joints I had forgotten I had.  :((

Taking a break tomorrow and dogsitting for my middle son....Yay!! Knitting time!!!

They look lovely and warm.

Good luck with your painting, packing and dogsitting!!!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY 2 BAGS OF FRUIT

CLICK HERE

SQUARES LIST

The September 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service