Square Circle Forum

OCTOBER 2017 THEME - GORGEOUS GRANNIES & GARTERS AND VARIEGATED WONDERS

"Variety is the Spice of Life"- and this month's theme offers plenty of variety whatever your level of skills in knitting or crochet.

Let  your imagination run riot with  yarn, colour,  stitch  and texture to create squares, blankets, hand warmers or toys, whether a  traditional crochet granny square,  in knitted garter stitch -  we love Plain Janes  - or in the wonderful range of variegated yarn. 

Or try your hand at something new  - there are lots of ideas on the KAS Pattern Book

Do share your pictures of grannies, garters and variegated wonders  on the KAS Square Forum page - under Photos and also under Discussion Categories for the October 2017 theme.   We look forward to seeing them.

Update:  Linda has kindly created two photo albums of the beautiful squares, blankets, toys, hand-wrmers and hats that KAS members have made this month to far  - an amazing and impressive collection with many not featured on the specific October page, so do take a look at the links below.

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/october-2017-gorgeous-g...

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/oct-2017-album-2-grann

Postcript: 

With apologies, I prepared this introduction ages ago with lots of your lovely squares as examples of grannies, garters and variegated wonders - but I have spent all afternoon trying to post it, and it keeps telling me I am way, way over the no. of characters allowed. I admit I am not very IT savvy, but I have resized images, edited the text to no avail. So instead - here it is in plain words.

I look forward to you all adding lots of colour to this month's theme.

THANK YOU.

Views: 4404

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a wonderful amount of work from Alison - do please thank her for her magnificent contribution to KAS.

Beautiful grannies.  Thanks Alison.

Hmm, I wonder which one is Louise's favourite ???

Beautiful grannies. Thank you Alison.

Stunning blankets! What a lot of well thought out and beautifully completed crocheting.

LOVE, love, love the colour combos in Alison's blankets. Beautiful !!!!

Thank you for hosting this theme Susan.  I love making grannies:-)

The dark colour in the squares is actually a deep purple.

Lovely squares, Linda. The dark blue border sets off the pastel variegated yarn beautifully.

I could see the dark and rich purple. Lovely grannies, Linda. Thanks

Lovely grannies, Linda. I love the colour combinations.

Pretty, floral centres, Linda....and that variegated is a beautiful contrast.  :))

Susan, I have some PJ's here and some variegated.

Thank you, Valerie, for your contribution. Plain Janes are especially welcome to set off the more multi colored squares, such as your ones knitted with variegated yarn.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The JUNE  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Jul 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service