Square Circle Forum

"Variety is the Spice of Life"- and this month's theme offers plenty of variety whatever your level of skills in knitting or crochet.

Let  your imagination run riot with  yarn, colour,  stitch  and texture to create squares, blankets, hand warmers or toys, whether a  traditional crochet granny square,  in knitted garter stitch -  we love Plain Janes  - or in the wonderful range of variegated yarn. 

Or try your hand at something new  - there are lots of ideas on the KAS Pattern Book

Do share your pictures of grannies, garters and variegated wonders  on the KAS Square Forum page - under Photos and also under Discussion Categories for the October 2017 theme.   We look forward to seeing them.

Update:  Linda has kindly created two photo albums of the beautiful squares, blankets, toys, hand-wrmers and hats that KAS members have made this month to far  - an amazing and impressive collection with many not featured on the specific October page, so do take a look at the links below.

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/october-2017-gorgeous-g...

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/oct-2017-album-2-grann

Postcript: 

With apologies, I prepared this introduction ages ago with lots of your lovely squares as examples of grannies, garters and variegated wonders - but I have spent all afternoon trying to post it, and it keeps telling me I am way, way over the no. of characters allowed. I admit I am not very IT savvy, but I have resized images, edited the text to no avail. So instead - here it is in plain words.

I look forward to you all adding lots of colour to this month's theme.

THANK YOU.

Views: 4271

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Diana for the 'refresh' tip when trying to reply....worked a treat.  :))

What a great idea! I have never thought of making cars from grannies! Amy, your vehicles are beautiful!

They are brilliant colors and so striking with the borders. I too hope they become focal spots on different boyish blankets. 

Two contrasting variegated squares.

photo

photo

Two beauties, Susan. The top one reminds me of a stormy day at the beach, where the waves get all 'choppy' and the water turns more bluey-grey and the sandy shoreline.

The bottom one makes me think of  Spring (that we are supposedly in) and everything looks 'renewed' and the colours/bulbs/shrubs in the garden become more beautiful and lively.  :))

What a lovely poetic description of the colours, Bev. That is what is special about variegated yarns - they can inspire different images. Thank you.

Left: 7 variegated diagonal squares.

Right: Some very fine variegated wool used here for 2 squares and 2 sets of hand warmers.  I doubled it up, knitting from both ends (making the variety of colour mix opposites). 

You have been busy, Karen. I love especially the muted earthy colours of your diagonals and they are so neatly knitted.

A great collection, Karen. You have some pretty variegated, too. Those handwarmers are very stylish.  :))

I am working on some variegated handwarmers with yarn that I bought online, from the UK.  :))

Well done, Karen. Many thanks for the so much needed handwarmers. 

I've done quite a few more - they just need stitched up...... Worst bit for me

Yay, that part it takes quite a bit of time . No short cuts. 

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The DECEMBER 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service