I am delighted to host another  KAS monthly and there  is something for everyone in this month's topic,   Whatever your level of skill,  let your imagination run riot with your choice of yarn, stitch, colour, pattern, texture, motif, and design to create squares, beanie hats, hand warmers and toys, 

Here are just a few ideas to get your needles clicking, though members from the southern hemisphere will have their own interpretations of the seasons. Be inspired by the colours of nature, by activities, events, and by food.   Below are some wonderful examples that KAS members have already contributed this year.

SPRING

Green, yellow, white, purple.

Snowdrops, crocuses, daffodils, hyacinths, aubrietia, irises.

Easter eggs, Easter bonnets, chickens, bunnies and lambs, rainbows.

Spring into action in the fresh air,  or Spring clean in the house!   SUMMER

Cottage garden flowers – roses, delphiniums, nasturtiums, cornflowers, sweet peas. poppies in a cornfield – and lots, lots  more.  

Sun, sea, sand, beach balls, swimming, cricket bats, tennis racquets

Salads, ice-cream, lollies, barbecues.

National Events – France (Bastille Day)  USA (Independence Day), UK (Trooping the Colour) - and I am sure many more.AUTUMN/FALL

Gold, russet, bronze, copper, orange, green.

Berries, leaves, pumpkins, apples, Halloween, Bonfire Night   

Football, rugby, hockey

WINTER

Blue & white ice colours, log fires. Christmas colours & motifs, winter sports.

Even if you have only time to make a few items, they will all be welcomed. You will be helping to bring colour. cheerfulness and warmth into the children's lives.

I look forward to seeing your contributions on the Forum.

To view this month's Photo Album, click
http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/october-2018-the-seasons

THANK YOU 

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• October 2018 Theme - The Seasons

Finally finished!

• Such beautiful butterfly squares, Bev.  My favourite the fresh green square. 

• Wow - they are just gorgeous!

• Wow Bev, they are beautiful! Certainly worth the wait :))

• October 2018 Theme - The Seasons

Oh dear, once again I fell behind in my ambitions for the month...but I did have a nice long-ish visit with my sister from Canada. :))
    My favourite part of Spring this year....the flowers.....

• These potted plants just scream SPRING.  So much detail work went into these beauties.  Great job.

• Funnily enough we have had very few actual flower squares this month, so thank you, Bev, for showing us the lovely pot plants - my favourite the sunflower.

• I love your flowers Bev! I hope you and Val enjoyed your special time together :))

• A terrific month from everyone......I loved the colours, the patterns, the little 'special additions' to blankets and squares. As Amy said, all very inspiring!

Susan, you did it again!! You steered us brilliantly all the way through October, with your beautiful squares  and kind comments.

2965515358?profile=original

• Well, I had every good intention of posting these before midnight........

Here are my items for The Seasons

The Seaside - rocks, sand and rock pools - best enjoyed either in Summer or in Winter after a storm has filled the pools!

2886826013?profile=RESIZE_320x320

Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White (I have been singing that for days now!) Spring blossoms

2886825473?profile=RESIZE_320x320

This square represents the bare ploughed fields in winter, with snow and ice in the drills

2886828251?profile=RESIZE_320x320

The hats and wrist warmers also epresent the bare ploughed fields in winter, with snow and ice in the drills 0 three hats and three pairs of mitts

2886825407?profile=RESIZE_320x320

Here we have the sky in spring - pale shades of blue with a few clouds about

2886825465?profile=RESIZE_320x320

This reply was deleted.