Square Circle Forum

Well Folks, here is the long anticipated list of themes for 2018.....and all coming together under a magnificent 'umbrella' created by Chris Chiplen.

Lots of squares, blankets, hand warmers, hats and toys.
Our love and care in every stitch.
Volume...... so there are always enough items for every needy child.
Every child receiving our knitted and crocheted items will know that they are valued and loved.

January - Teddy Bears Picnic.......Amy...... Teddy squares, sqs in teddy colours/textures and TOYS galore!

February - All things African.........Bev.........   Nelson Mandela, African colours, Flag, African animals,  Football team, etc

March - Think Boys! .........Gloria.......  Colours, cars, trains, planes etc

April - Love @ Christmas.....Valerie.........  All things Christmas 

May - Warm hands, Warm Hearts........Sue G.......  patterned heart sqs, heart embellishments, handwarmers

June - Think Girls!........Karen G ........... Colours and 'girly' embellishments

July - The Wonder of Learning.......... Amy....... counting, ABC, colours, words, etc 

August - Sharing our Favourites.....Sharon F.........whether it be a pattern, stitch, technique, colour, or embellishment.

September - I do like to be beside the seaside.......Lesley......colours of the ocean, creatures of the ocean, rock candy

October - Four Seasons....... Susan D. ......  your current season or favourite season, e.g trees/leaves, flowers, birds and the colours you associate with each season.

November - Celebrating Yarn...........Anneke........  textures, weights, plain colours, variegated, neon etc

December - Happy Scrappies ............Pam......... using up bits from our yarn stash to make room for new stash for the New year!

Thank you Everyone, for your assistance and feedback in compiling this list and those who were able to host.

I hope Santa brings you lots of inspirational and beautiful yarn.  xo

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bev, you and the others did a wonderful job on this list.  Lots of inspiration for a beautiful year ahead.

Bev....a wonderful line up for 2018...thanks to Chris for creating the Love Umbrella.  :))

I love the picture you have used to illustrate the LOVE umbrella Bev. The line up of themes for 2018 looks great and it is so nice to see some new hosts :))

Bev, thank you for gathering all these wonderful themes and lining them up with hosts.  A great job well done!!  It will be another fun year with lots of warmth created with love for the children.

I love that umbrella, Chris.  So appropriate for the year and beyond ... xo

Thank you, Bev - a really inspiring list, and I love the 'illustrations.'  (Um ... September ... is it too soon to panic??)

Oh Lesley, you don't need to panic.  Have a great time creating your intro and coming up with ideas.  Once September arrives you will be having so much fun you won't remember to panic :)  ... xo

You're panicking, Lesley??? February is juuuuust around the corner and I have no thoughts thus far on what I will be doing.....lol. 

I hear you.......the anticipation/trepidation of a first time hosting can be a teeny weeny bit daunting (an understatement, perhaps?).......but just remember, we are here to assist if needed and we are very thankful to have you host.  :)) 

Thank you Ladies....I think its going to be a fun year!!

I already have my 'Christmas' yarn from the UK, with some yarn for two of the themes. Soooo hoping to have more time to knit next year.

Gloria, it's the thought of creating the intro that's causing the panic - I already have lots of ideas, just don't know how to put them together!

Gloria, it's the thought of creating the intro that's causing the panic - I have lots of ideas, just don't know how to put them together!

Bev, I'll certainly be asking for help!

Oops, don't know how I managed to post this twice - doesn't bode well for doing something more technically challenging :))

Lesley, I can assure you the mods will come to your rescue if you need help, just ask.  I have needed soooo much support with posting stuff on the forum, I think I've driven Linda, Sharon, Glo and others round the bend with my lack of techy skills.....lol.  

Thanks, Louise, that's reassuring - I think :))

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The DECEMBER 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service