Square Circle Forum

New to Knit-a-Square?  Have a question about making squares, navigating the Forum,  iPad or phone access to the forum, using Paypal fo donations, or a question about mailing your squares?

Please read the discussions in the Helpful Hints Category, and if you don't find your answer there, post it below and someone will answer ASAP.  No need to start a new discussion

Just type your question in the Reply to This square right under this intro, click on add reply and presto...your question is now in the list!

Views: 2057

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just go into your latest picture Yael, and type what you want to say in the 'comment' box. :)
I use an iPad and am having difficulty putting photos to KAS. How do it do it please? Many thanks. X
Attachments:
Hello Susan, as you are using an iPad you will not be able to add photos to any of the discussions such as the May theme etc, without downloading the Puffin browser and accessing the forum through that browser.

You can however add photos to your own page which will then show up with all the other photos on the forum. To add a photo to your own page first sign into the forum and click on the 'my page' tab at the top of the forum page......once you are on your own page, click on 'photos' on the left hand side of the page, then follow the instructions to add a photo that is already saved on your iPad. You can also add a comment when adding your photo.
Full instructions for adding photos to the forum and information about the Puffin browser can be found by clicking on the 'helpful hints' tab at the top of the forum page. Hope this helps. :))
Susan, in the helpful hints section at the top of any forum page have a look in the section headed 'how do I' .....there you will find all the information you require about adding photos. :))

Hello!!

I am new to this forum as well as square circle, and i am interested in signing up to help! How can i go about doing so, and how do i get started? (I already run a knitting/crocheting circle)

Thank you,

Priscilla 

My parcels are still not showing on the received squares lists. I send my parcels surface post can someone from UK tell me if this is the correct way or am I just being over anxious ? I don't want to keep sending them if they are going astray.

Hi Maureen, surface mail is the best method from the UK, but takes 6 - 8 weeks to arrive. The parcels also have to go via customs as well. Over the years as far as we know only about 10 parcels have gone astray! Also squares are not very tempting for a 'light-fingered' employee. Hope this helps to relax you - we all gone through this process of being 'parcel anxious', but gradually gain confidence. Even when the SA post has had strikes, the goodies always arrive - eventually!

Baby blankets

I have been knitting quite a few baby blankets in the past..It is a corner to corner blanket ,size about 64x64 cm.

I would like to knit some blankets for knit a square (baby blanket)
Is there a need???

Thanks for a reply!

Hi as babies grow they now only hand over blankets that can keep a child warm until they grow up!  A blanket is for life not a just a baby ! hence the 5x7 8" square blanket. (40" x 56")

Of if you upsize the the baby blanket pattern to the KAS size that would work?

Hi Rachel.

I think that Ronda gives any baby blankets she receives to a specific hospital in S Africa for their newborn babies  (sorry, it has been mentioned on the forum somewhere before, but I can't remember which hospital it is) . They are not normally given in the regular distributions as they are aimed at 3 years + children. Hope this helps.  :))

Think it is Baragwanath Hospital Bev.

That is the third biggest hospital in the World (the first 2 are in China).  Who would have thought that the largest hospital outside China would be in Soweto?

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Image result for please images

Please go directly to the Donate page HERE as the Subscribe button below is experiencing difficulties !

[To view other options, Click on Option 1]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $17484.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

KAS MERCHANDISE

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The April 2017 Squares List is available.

Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service