Square Circle Forum

New to Knit-a-Square?  Have a question about making squares, navigating the Forum,  iPad or phone access to the forum, using Paypal fo donations, or a question about mailing your squares?

Please read the discussions in the Helpful Hints Category, and if you don't find your answer there, post it below and someone will answer ASAP.  No need to start a new discussion

Just type your question in the Reply to This square right under this intro, click on add reply and presto...your question is now in the list!

Views: 3383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ks... I sent a large parcel of metal knitting needles from Australia to JayBay Recycling Project in South Africa and they arrived no problem

Thank you Susan. 

Does anyone know if we can send a cheque every month to Rhonda instead of using pay-pal?.

Are 100% wool hand warmers itchy? I figured I would use it for the squares but I wasn't sure about the hand warmers. Thanks.

It all depends on the wool, Denise. I have some 100% merino from Italy that is rather itchy and also have some 100% merino from Peru that is unbelievably soft. I guess you just have to feel the skein against your own skin and decide.

Thanks. I don't have the yarn yet. I was going to get some more expensive stuff for hand warmers because it's prettier. I'll have to decide.
Hi. Two questions. What is the current preference: that we send squares OR sewn-up blankets? Also.... should we wash the squares/blankets before we send them, if they have been exposed to dust, pets etc (I mean, sitting on open shelves :) - do the kids have comprised immune systems? (because of HIV) Thank you!

Hi Aprile, Ronda doesn't have a preference but if you are sending blankets please mark "squares" on the declaration.  Technically they are squares....just put together :-)

Whether you wash or not depends upon you.  Would you use the squares/blankets yourself ?  If not, then wash.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Linda. I hate sewing up if I don’t have to.... it’s just that i saw an old post where the local ladies were inundated with squares to sew up.... obviously that situation has resolved :) No I wouldn’t wash the squares for my own use, but a friend was horrified that I’d send them to kids with HIV without washing them, so I felt really bad about the squares I’d already sent...

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The October 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service