Square Circle Forum

New to Knit-a-Square?  Have a question about making squares, navigating the Forum,  iPad or phone access to the forum, using Paypal fo donations, or a question about mailing your squares?

Please read the discussions in the Helpful Hints Category, and if you don't find your answer there, post it below and someone will answer ASAP.  No need to start a new discussion

Just type your question in the Reply to This square right under this intro, click on add reply and presto...your question is now in the list!

Views: 3864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Donna.

In these past two or three years, due to the massive volume of squares received each week, Ronda has had to restrict the number of different items that they can manage to sort and distribute. Therefore,  K-A-S now caters to 3-9 year  olds with the following items: Squares, hats, handwarmers and soft toys. Ronda still accepts other items, but these are now distributed by a third party. E.g. A nursing sister from a hospital collects the baby items and gives them to needy mums with newborns who are about to go home from said hospital.

When the pattern book was updated last year some items that were no longer valid were removed to avoid confusion.

Ok thanks

I am knitting bears and giving each of them a scarf - should I leave the scarf loose or is it better to attach it with a few stitches so that it will not get lost?  I would appreciate your advice. Gillian Barnes

Hello Gillian...whenever I add a scarf to a teddy bear I always attach it with a few stitches at the back of the neck. I'm the same as you. I worry it will get lost otherwise.  Thank you for making bears, would you be able to add a photo of them to the Teddy Bear Picnic discussion once they're finished.  We'd love to see them.  :))

Thank you for that advice.  Your suggestion of attaching it at the back sounds good, it enables the child to undo and re-tie the scarf so providing a little something to play with.   I'll certainly try to add some photos.  Knitting is going quite slowly at the moment as it is the height of summer here (Australia)  with a succession of heat waves. Not ideal for knitting, but I could not resist sending some bears to the Picnic. 

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

READ HOW YOU CAN HELP

SQUARES LIST

The REVISED JANUARY 2018 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service