Square Circle Forum

New to Knit-a-Square?  Have a question about making squares, navigating the Forum,  iPad or phone access to the forum, using Paypal fo donations, or a question about mailing your squares?

Please read the discussions in the Helpful Hints Category, and if you don't find your answer there, post it below and someone will answer ASAP.  No need to start a new discussion

Just type your question in the Reply to This square right under this intro, click on add reply and presto...your question is now in the list!

Views: 2070

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Aprile, I buy them from eBay and sent to myself. I then just slip them in when I send a parcel to KAS. Plastic ones are the best, like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-40-50-Children-Kids-Plastic-Sewing-Kni...
Thank you Joan - i guess I'm confused about what we can and cant put into our parcels if they are marked "charity blanket squares" and therefore not paying Customs... but sure, if we can add sewing needles as well, then that's perfect. And i didn't even know you could get plastic needles :)
Just mark your parcels "knitted goods for charity" no need to mention squares or. Anything else you slip in Aprile.

Hi, I know this might be a silly question, but I do need some clarity before possibly doing the wrong thing. :(

I would like to know exactly how to package the squares that I am sending? Do I just wrap them in bubble wrap and then cover with brown paper before sending? What would be the easiest (and least likely to get damaged) option?

That is fine Magdele. I am not sure you even need to use bubble wrap which might make the parcel bulkier and therefore more expensive ! Don't use clingwrap though, apparently it makes the knitting smell !!

thick plastic bag is good we have them in the uk 'bag for life' which costs 10 p. Securely taped down and the address stuck on paper works fine! Brown paper can tear off easily.

Hi Magdelie.

I see that you are in South Africa. I would think that perhaps wrapping them in a couple of layers of brown paper and  securing well with packing tape would be sufficient.....or perhaps putting in a plasitc bag first then wrapping in brown paper with lots of packing tape would work, also. As Sue has said, I think bubble wrap adds unnecessary bulk to your parcel. 

Thanks so much everyone! :D

I buy in the U.K. plastic envelopes in A3 size which can be packed with 35 squares and are very sturdy.

I've now finished sewing up my first blanket (yay!) and have it all ready to send with some other goodies. However, I know that the blankets usually have a crocheted edge but, unfortunately, I can't crochet. Therefore, would it be alright for me to include a ball of yarn and a note for the edge to be added, please?

What a spectacular blanket, Helen.

A crocheted edge is not essential, but your idea of including some yarn and note what it is for, is a good one.

Thanks for the reply, Anne. I will hopefully be posting it off in the next few days and will make sure to include the note. :)

I'm glad you like the blanket too!

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Image result for please images

Please go directly to the Donate page HERE as the Subscribe button below is experiencing difficulties !

[To view other options, Click on Option 1]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $17484.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

KAS MERCHANDISE

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The April 2017 Squares List is available.

Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service