Square Circle Forum

New to Knit-a-Square?  Have a question about making squares, navigating the Forum,  iPad or phone access to the forum, using Paypal fo donations, or a question about mailing your squares?

Please read the discussions in the Helpful Hints Category, and if you don't find your answer there, post it below and someone will answer ASAP.  No need to start a new discussion

Just type your question in the Reply to This square right under this intro, click on add reply and presto...your question is now in the list!

Views: 3089

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rachel.

I think that Ronda gives any baby blankets she receives to a specific hospital in S Africa for their newborn babies  (sorry, it has been mentioned on the forum somewhere before, but I can't remember which hospital it is) . They are not normally given in the regular distributions as they are aimed at 3 years + children. Hope this helps.  :))

Think it is Baragwanath Hospital Bev.

That is the third biggest hospital in the World (the first 2 are in China).  Who would have thought that the largest hospital outside China would be in Soweto?

KAS Connects with this hospital  through Hotel Hope Ministries. http://hotelhopeministries.org/  Hope this helps.

Yes, that is the one I was referring to, Pam...knew it started with a 'B'....lol....just wasn't sure what letters came after and was in a bit of a hurry to 'get out the door' this morning, or I would have tried to find it.  :))

Thanks Joan and Amy for the info.  :))

I know someone has probably posted this but there are so many replies to this post, it's a bit to sift through: but thanks for the replies that I know will arrive.

Is it possible to go through to the KAS office (over a weekend) to help unpack and sort squares as well as take all of my own squares with?

Hi Magdelie.

I think they usually do unpacking/sorting on a week day, but here is a contact number that you can ring and perhaps organize a drop off.  826555150

Thanks.   :))

Thank you!! :)

Hello

I have a lot of squares left over from a blanket I was making at home (27 squares) however they are only around 6.5" square, is this close enough to send to you or too small?  Also whilst they all have tails, they will not be 50cm long.  Hope I can put them to good use!

Thanks

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla.

Although 6.5" is smaller than our usual 8" square, I know there are a couple of volunteers in the South African team who are very good at putting blankets of different sized/shaped squares, together and your squares will be most welcome.  :))

Thank you for joining us and for your contribution to warm the children.  :))

I have a couple of 16" squares here, and even a 16" x 24" rectangle. Can I send these to Knit-a-Square?
Thanks Maggie. Since the squares are multiples of 8 inches they will be fine. Please mark the size on the squares to help the volunteers with sorting.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY 2 BAGS OF FRUIT

CLICK HERE

SQUARES LIST

The September 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service