Square Circle Forum

New to Knit-a-Square?  Have a question about making squares, navigating the Forum,  iPad or phone access to the forum, using Paypal fo donations, or a question about mailing your squares?

Please read the discussions in the Helpful Hints Category, and if you don't find your answer there, post it below and someone will answer ASAP.  No need to start a new discussion

Just type your question in the Reply to This square right under this intro, click on add reply and presto...your question is now in the list!

Views: 1041

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Juli,

I am currently working on several pairs.  I crochet fairly tight, and am using a H hook.  I add four extra chains (30) and adjust the opening accordingly.  Finished length is 6 inches. 

Remember the children are small, so this first pair will probably work great.

Joan Humm, may be the best person to ask.  Crochet or knit the length should be about the same, or so I would think.

Happy crocheting and can't wait to see pictures.

Hello. Could Aussies tell me how long on average squares take from Australia to arrive in SA? I sent a parcel ($0 value) in mid September, but not showing up on the received list yet...
Thanks

Hi Aprile.

When I sent my first parcels back in about 2011, I think, it used to take about 3-4 months to appear on a list. However, the number of wonderful people sending squares and other items, has increased considerably, and therefore the volume of goodies arriving and needing to be unpacked and recorded has increased enormously and so in 2016, I found it could take up to 6 months before my items appeared on a list.

I always send mine by seamail.

Oh thanks for that, Bev!

Hello, 

My name is Emily and I am currently planning to send at least 10 squares and some goods to KAS from our knitting club named Unwind before this school year ends. I just realized one of my friends accidentally knitted a square 40x40 cm, and I was wondering if that was okay? The dimensions just equal to four squares combined, but just wanted to check since 40x40 is way past the requirement specified on this website.

Sincerely,

Emily Jung  

Emily, thank you so much for joining us!  The larger square will be fine because, as you say, it is equal to four squares already stitched together :)  While we do ask for 20x20 squares, many crafters choose to make double squares and some even stitch blankets together before sending, and this is perfectly okay.  Thank you to you and your group.  Your contributions will be very much appreciated.

Hi Everyone.

Our new friend, Yael, would like to loom some children's handwarmers, but unfortunately doesn't have a pattern small enough. If you have one, or have a link to a child size handwarmers pattern, could you share it with us, please?  Or if you are a loomer and can adapt one for us...that would be so appreciated.  :))

Thanks in advance. 

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Make a monthly donation:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

SHOP TALK

PAY THE RENT ANNUAL APPEAL

Link : LET'S HAVE A PARTY AND SOME FUN !

Link to Progress Report & Totaliser !    $7,705 so far....

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

here

Every purchase directly benefits our children in          South Africa

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The January and February 2017 Squares Lists are delayed. Our sincere apologies.

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service