Square Circle Forum

New to Knit-a-Square?  Have a question about making squares, navigating the Forum,  iPad or phone access to the forum, using Paypal fo donations, or a question about mailing your squares?

Please read the discussions in the Helpful Hints Category, and if you don't find your answer there, post it below and someone will answer ASAP.  No need to start a new discussion

Just type your question in the Reply to This square right under this intro, click on add reply and presto...your question is now in the list!

Views: 1564

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for getting back to me.  I will do that.   :)

I've made three squares but two of them are Lion Brand 5, which is "bulky"; worsted wool is 4. The third square is even thicker than a 5. Can they still be used?

CS

Hello Clarise and welcome to our forum!  Your squares will be just fine.  We ask for them to be 8-inches square and warm.  And your squares sound like they will be very warm indeed.   Thank you so much for your kindness.

If I make a hat and hand warmers to match each other, should I place the hand warmers inside the hat or will they be separated when they are received?

Hello Pat, welcome to the KAS forum, thank you for your question.  When someone in our group makes a matching hat and hand warmers I put the hand warmers together one inside the other, then put the hand warmers inside the hat and make a note of it on the packing slip to make the volunteers in the KAS office aware.  I do not pin or tie them together as this makes more work for the volunteers.  I'm always hopeful they stay together.   :)) 

I have posted 3 parcels in last few months,July ,Nov. 2016 and Jan. 2017 from U.K. none of them have been listed in received squares lists. Are all parcels listed or do some for whatever reason get omitted? I used the correct label and cannot believe they have all got lost in transit. I have more to send but am very wary about posting them. I really admire all the work you are doing and enjoy knitting.

Hi Maureen, it is frustrating when the parcels don't show up on the Squares List.  But very few parcels have been lost since KAS started so yours will be somewhere, either still in the S.A. postal system or waiting to be opened on the next opening day.  There are hundreds of parcels opened each week so Ronda and the volunteers don't always get all the parcels opened that day. 

I've thought a few of my parcels have gone missing but have seen the squares in some of the photos so I know they have arrived eventhough they weren't on the list.  Sometimes the volunteers are new and forget to hand in the packing slip. 

Please keep knitting and sending, the children do appreciate squares made with love and warmth :-)

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Image result for please images

Please go directly to the Donate page HERE as the Subscribe button below is experiencing difficulties !

[To view other options, Click on Option 1]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS now has 104 regular monthly subscriptions.

A regular monthly income helps to give KAS financial stability.

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

SUPPORT THE GOGOS

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The March 2017 Squares List is available.

Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service