Square Circle Forum

Views: 3025

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry, that should read beach HUTS  (or cabins).     :))

Yes, but you know here at my local beach, huts would be a real hit! Heated, of course ;)

Indeed. Delightful squares, Linda. Thanks

I really like the changes in texture/stitch in each of these squares, Linda. I love them all but have to agree with Bev that the beach huts are something special.

When I started that square I had plans to do more, thinking that the small coloured blocks would be a quick and simple way to do beach huts...UNTIL I decided that gable ends were really needed, and then how about doors, and what about outlining the gable....?! So, the next beach hut square is a long way off in the future :)

Linda, your TC and cro-knitting is just soooo creative.  I love it!  I like how you've added the fuzzy white yarn in #3 for surf.  Very effective :))  And I especially love your 'beach balls/umbrellas' (kinda drawn to the blue one ... hahaha)  A super idea!  The children will love the texture and the wonderful colors ... xo

I like that particular blue, too. It says summer to me. Do you have a favourite blue?

The blue umbrella was my second attempt at doing a circular motif, and using a slightly different joining technique. As luck would have it, I have since found several tutorials, and will likely follow their tips next time (e.g. using short rows instead of decreasing as I have been doing).

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW! Downloadable Artwork

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The SEPTEMBER  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Oct 14.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service