WOW! September already...that's Springtime for those of us in the Southern hemisphere.

Well, my wonderful KASfriends, you have certainly shown your creative side during the first eight months of this year, sooooo........its time to chill out and let your yarn do the talkin' !!

I LOVE variegated yarn....it is such a surprise package...who knows what that pretty skein of yarn will evolve into as it is unravelled and wound around your needles or hook?????

Now, to me, variegated yarn comes in many forms....it can be flecky, twisted, self-patterning...to name but a few ....why, you can even create your own variegated yarn, simply by using two strands of yarn of different colours and knitting or crocheting them together.

Plain Janes, as we call the garter stitch and single crochet square, are just soooo special when made with variegated yarn, so please, EVERYONE, join in and show us your variegated squares!!

Here is the link to our photo album: http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/september-2014-challenge-very-variegated

We have filled our first album and here is the link to our second: http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/september-2014-album-2-very-variegated

Here is the link to our Pinterest page:  http://www.pinterest.com/anne1464/knit-a-square-sept-2014-challenge-very-variegated/

With a huge thanks to Anne P. who has kindly offered to keep these updated for us this month.

July challenge: self patterning granny!  July 2014 Pastel Fuzzy  13/7/14 multicolour square  July Challenge 2  IMAG0307   June 2014 African child- A is for apple  Close up of square from Blanket No. 2  previosly made squares.   Aug14a  April tower  MAY 2014 CHALLENGE - ALL THINGS YELLOW  June Challenge 1  Baseball  August 2014  photo

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well......I think I have FINALLY caught up with all your fabulous posts for this month.

I would just like to say a HUMONGOUS THANK YOU to each and everyone of my KASfriends who have viewed and/or contributed to the September challenge. The beautiful yarns have been AMAZING!! The squares and items of clothing..... OUTSTANDING and INSPIRATIONAL....I have seen many things that I will be keeping in mind for future knitting projects. This has been a great challenge and I have loved to witness the genuine, fantastic,  support that we have expressed for each other. KAS really is a special and unique community to belong to.

A special thank you to Anne for keeping up with the album and Pinterest page......with so many wonderful contributions, it must have been quite the task....it is greatly appreciated.  :))

Bouquets to all...you are wonderful.

bouquets_handtied_product2.jpg

• I know it's October, but I have to add my latest diagonal block. I'm a little disappointed as the green yarn is a really vivid emerald green. It's very fine so I doubled it with a light grey, a navy blue and a sky blue lambswool and acrylic mix.2965191638?profile=RESIZE_480x480

• Took a while for me to get around to uploading these…my last four squares for this month!

Blue candy variegated chenille:

2930269998?profile=original

Red, navy, white variegated x2:

2930269843?profile=original

Pumpkin and tropical mix fluff:

2930269679?profile=original

• 2930269538?profile=originalSome variegated squares and wrist warmers completed in September and being sent to SA with some Plain Janes tomorrow!

• A last minute addition from Maddie.  Six beautiful squares!

September 2014 Challenge - Various variegated

Added by Madeline Murray on October 4, 2014

September 2014 Challenge - Various variegated

• This yarn is very vibrant but as usual, the camera has not captured the cheery colours.
    I have been away and forgot to take my yarn bag with me !! This meant a trip to a yarn shop [oh dear, I had to buy more yarn LOL]

This yarn is called Charisma and was on half price so a good deal...I wish I had purchased more as it is very soft as well as bright.

September Challenge -Variegated

This yarn was also on special.  It is a RedHeart Value skein.

September Challenge -Variegated

• 2886749931?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024This is an idea of what my blanket for this month will look like. 

• 2965190528?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 2886751224?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

I chilled out and let the yarn do the talkin" :)).....that's never a problem using almost 100% wool :))

• My last 5 squares for this month's blanket. Haven't had a spare moment this week to post them earlier! I'll try to get a picture of them all together at some point... 

2965188356?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

This reply was deleted.