Square Circle Forum

Very late opening this thread this year for various reasons that you know about but lots of pictures have now been received and should be posted over the next few days. Many more will appear in the Blanket Room 2017 which will be opened shortly.

Views: 15221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SoreeeeeeI was told Australia. ☹️

Totally awesome! All those fantastic parcels with lovely blankets, squares and toys.

Here are a few pics from Ronda's camera taken in April :

And 196 squares from Meera Khandoo from RMB for KNIT A SQUARE. Thank you Meera and your family who knitted these.

Lovely! Good to see lots of bags of goodies ready for distribution. Lovely batch of squares in the last photo too (from Meera and team). So many pretty colours and patterns.

More pics from open days in May and blanket collections from Gogos :

I see that it's getting colder, even the volunteers are wearing jackets and sweaters. Wonderful to see the gogos and their work.

Superb blankets.  Although it's quite the sense of accomplishment to send an entire blanket I know the GoGo's love sitting together and stitching up the squares so I'll keep sending squares, in tied bundles.  The last blanket here...what a charmer.  Actually the most charming thing about all these photos is everyone's smiles.  Way to go ladies and gents!

Another mixed bag of photographs !

Preparations for a distribution to Waterval Village

Raw wool from Croatia!

Nkhensani cleaning up at the end of an opening session!

Someone is taking a bag of squares home to turn into a blanket!

Urgent instructions for the volunteers!

Preparations for a distribution to Funda

Blanket decoration!

The blue bag is one of mine, however not the squares.  Great to see the bags being put to re-use.

Wow! Such a hive of activity. Great to see so many items 'ready to go'. So many children will soon be warm, with 'someone to love'.

You can used cooking dyes to dye natural yarn! (that Croatia yarn looks like undyed yarn) add a bit of colour plus some white vinegar to water and let it simmer very gently on top of a stove. 

Prepare the yarn by soaking it with a tiny bit of detergent in some luke warm water for half an hour - this opens up the fibres then add to a pot of gently simmering water with some dye and the vinegar.

When the water its in is clear (check by putting a glass you can check the colour of water) you can turn of heat allow to cool then rinse and hand temp water. Hang to dry and then it can be used for blankets!

We got a donation of raw wool which I thought you might use for sewing blankets, you once asked if we could share some wool for that purpose. Hope you can use it.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 'Donate' button, below, offers one time donations as well as an option for monthly subscriptions other than above options.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for July figures click :

See how you may help!

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Aug 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service