Square Circle Forum

Very late opening this thread this year for various reasons that you know about but lots of pictures have now been received and should be posted over the next few days. Many more will appear in the Blanket Room 2017 which will be opened shortly.

Views: 11610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not again ! Such a bad time with the children needing warmth.  Lets hope those Gogo packs that Thomas and Wandi deliver are made up soon, and that the postal strike is resolved quickly.

Oh dear, not again! I just had a parcel ready, thanks so much for this information, I will keep the parcel at home until there is good news.  I hope the postal strike will be over soon,(fingers crossed)..... the children need warm blankets!

Lindi, delivering blanket packs and collecting blankets from Protea South gogo group - 13th July

Wonderful ladies!!! Where would we be without them??!!

Ditto Bev !

Seeing them spurs me on to send more squares and also some yarn so they've got wool to crochet around the blankets with.  They are such a blessing to the children, helping us so much.

News from the KASBarn:

Our birthday girl Mabel counting squares while she waits for the celebrations to begin. Love the flowers Mabel.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Time to sing to Mabel.
Image may contain: 9 people, including Ronda Lowrie, people smiling
Image may contain: 8 people, including Ronda Lowrie, people smiling, people sitting

Best Wishes, Mabel !!!

Happy Birthday, Mabel. A little late, but sent from the heart. You look as though you had a lovely time.

Not a single parcel at KNIT A SQUARE today due to the strike.

No automatic alt text available.

Vivienne gathered all these tiny squares, joined them and is turning it into a stunning blanket.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Tango (Leanne's guide dog) was also finding the concrete floor cold today.

Image may contain: dog

Our fabulous photographer/ driver/ post collector Thomas. It was great to have you with us in The Barn today Thomas.

Image may contain: one or more people

Just what we needed. I think there were 81 blankets in Michael’s boot. Portia and Michael delivered them from the Gogos in Lenasia. Thank you so much.

Image may contain: shoes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mabel  !!

Thank goodness for the lovely folk from Lenasia.....and to Portia and Michael for delivering them.

I can only imagine the backlog of parcels Team SA will have when the strike is over.

Poor Tango, the cement would be freezing, indeed.

Vivienne did a FABULOUS job on the blanket.  :))

Thank you to Thomas and Linda for providing us with photos.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The JUNE  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Jul 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service