Square Circle Forum

Very late opening this thread this year for various reasons that you know about but lots of pictures have now been received and should be posted over the next few days. Many more will appear in the Blanket Room 2017 which will be opened shortly.

Views: 3378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My hasn't the acorn planted in 2009  grown in the a giant oak tree

Autumn and winter will soon be with you . good wishes to all crafters around the world and in South Africa

I have just spotted Helen's/Stellar Knitters 'name tag!!!!!  How thrilling to see their contributions have arrived.  Thank you, Christine, for posting the photos :) xo

I see mum's. bla nket (. Variegated blue). Bottom right

I saw the name and age and thought it must have been your Mum's, Susanne.

Was going to message you, obviously I forgot.  :((

I hope Col got a buzz from seeing it there.  :))

There have been so many Blanket Room pictures recently that we have a back-log. April was a very busy time for opening. Joel managed to take photos of hundreds of gogo blankets which are gradually being posted and there are still dozens to go.

It's so good to see all the blankets stacked and waiting distribution.

Good to see so many blankets ready to go....the days are turning cooler.

LOVE the dolls and their outfits.  :))

More pictures received from Ronda today. She writes:

Just a few pictures from the Opening Day on 18th April. Joel took the camera with him to deliver blanket packs and do a distribution, but he couldn't make it work so he took the photos on his cellphone and I am still trying to get them onto my computer !

We supplied Gracepoint Church with blankets for an outreach in the Northern Natal region, very cold and arid and a place of great need, where the youth groups are running an Alpha course under a tree, because there are no facilities. 

Photographs are starting to trickle in as they distribute blankets and beanies ... I will collect them together before sending them.

I will get Leanne to write a blog / report on our latest activities when she is in the office on Tuesday 9th.

Please always be assured that we ONLY distribute (or hand out) to children who are needy, whether it is at a comfortable looking church or town hall,or in a tiny settlement crèche.

I just love seeing photos of all those blankets and thinking that soon they'll be warming up some very needy children.

Christine, thank you for adding this report and photos from Ronda..it's wonderful to see so many blankets waiting to be distributed this winter in SA. :))

Let's not forget that people usually wear their Sunday Best to church x

Ronda also sent some pictures of blankets from 25th April and 2nd May - some absolutely gorgeous ones. In Blanket Room soon.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The October 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service