Square Circle Forum

Very late opening this thread this year for various reasons that you know about but lots of pictures have now been received and should be posted over the next few days. Many more will appear in the Blanket Room 2017 which will be opened shortly.

Views: 15415

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are all so beautiful. We'll all have to get working hard to fill those shelves again.

Totally agree, Valerie!!

I am intrigued by the last blanket. I always feel I need to contrast solid sqs with variegated, but I have been proved wrong by the last pic...that is amazing and soooo pretty.

Agreed Bev, the last blanket in the batch is beautiful, so colourful.

Amazing work, one stitch at a time. Thanks you ALL!!

Message from Estelle :

Thanks for the Christmas greetings. This box arrived at KNIT A SQUARE from Australia today and I can’t believe I didn’t make a note of who sent it. Thank you anyway for all the lovely goodies that was in it. I seem to recall that there were a lot of lovely beanies in it and some squares. Please feel free to correct me and let us know who it’s from.

A few open days pics :

By lunch time we had finished all the post, cleared our tables and even polished them. Just look at at Wandi, Lindiwe and Nani’s table. Great job done today ladies.

The last parcel Ann opened today. There were two exquisite blankets and these amazing crocheted toys from M Gehlen from The Netherlands. Thanks so much. Our visitors from left to right Marioth Brown, Jan Hills and Liz Murphy loved these toys especially the three little pigs that Liz is cuddling.

I am always in awe of the beautiful toys our fellow KASers make....fabulous!!!!!

Lovely photos. It's so nice to be able to fit faces to names, and, of course, be able to appreciate thebeautiful things that are being sent from all over the world.

POSTAL STRIKE ALERT!

Only 2 parcels were available today, so Ronda has cancelled tomorrows opening session to save expenditure. Only Thomas and Wandi will work as they need to deliver blanket-packs to the gogos.

More news when available!!!

So sad to hear this!!  I'll be praying that the strike ends quickly.  I sent a box of 35 squares for a blanket last week, and I'm trying to knit faster since it's wintertime in SA.

We hope so Joy, a few years ago there was a strike that lasted 3+months, but amazingly everything got through to KAS - although the ones on the bottom of the postal office heap were very very late!

Oh my goodness, I thought with the extra charges and 'shake up' of their postal system that things would be 'smooth sailing' for a long time. Fingers crossed for a quick resolution.....in the meantime, I'll keep knitting.......

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 'Donate' button, below, offers one time donations as well as an option for monthly subscriptions other than above options.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for July figures click :

See how you may help!

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Aug 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service