Square Circle Forum

Very late opening this thread this year for various reasons that you know about but lots of pictures have now been received and should be posted over the next few days. Many more will appear in the Blanket Room 2017 which will be opened shortly.

Views: 15221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nothing, Andreja, goes to waste at KAS - it will be used by the Gogos to strenthen the edges of the blankets and provide a lovely looking trim!

A few bits and pieces arriving this week - Estelle posted :

These amazing bears arrived at KNIT A SQUARE from PARAGUAY today. Apparently they are hand made...hope I’ve got my facts right. They are soft and gorgeous. Thank you Inken, Birgit and Karen.

Wonderful treasures for the children......the two bears are AMAZING!!

So many goodies to look at ! I read in one of the packages about 60 countries around the world send things over to KAS. It is quite amazing to think of people in all those countries knitting and crocheting and gathering toys for KAS ! We are such a big family.

Love those hug me bears and those parcels being lined up for Waterval and Funda. Lots and lots of lovely raw wool from Croatia too.

Young Karen's Hug Me Bears are gorgeous. 

Comments and photo from Estelle:

Diane Burns I opened your parcel as well today. Such lovely soft toys for the children. Thank you and a couple of Christmas squares.

No automatic alt text available.

Dear Estelle,

Haven't been on the forum since April, so lots of catching up to do.  Lovely surprise to see my goodies on here, I loved those two dinosaurs, they were so cuddly!

Regards Diane

Hi Diane

I try to take photos of what’s happening on opening day. Unfortunately it’s normally what’s going on around my table or which parcel I open. I do try to walk around and get some interesting things that are happening or guests that pop in. I post them on Facebook because l love it when contributors recognize squares, blankets or any item that they have made. I’m grateful that Pam and Linda post my photographs on The Forum. We haven’t started the Christmas blankets yet as the post has been quite slow and now we have just had the strike which is meant to be over. Ronda and Thomas went to collect the post today but there was no post. 

THOMAS AND WANDI PREPARE FOR TWINKLE START & FUNDA DISTRIBUTION

OUR WONDERFUL LADIES SHARING GOOD DESTINED FOR HOTEL HOPE

Super!!!!

From Estelle :

Elizabeth Higginson crocheted this super blanket for KNIT A SQUARE thank you. And thanks Liz Murphy for introducing Elizabeth to KAS. 
By the way the cappuccino was great thanks.

A few bits and pieces :

This little darling is Gloria, who is with her teenage mum Amanda in Ronda's brick outbuilding at the back of their property - with Oti helping her Mum get started! 

Gloria was born very prematurely in February, weighing around 850 grams,
but now tops the scale at almost 3 kgs and is doing so well, bless her
darling heart.  Ronda is not looking forward to the day they will return to Alexandra Township!  

The father is, happily, involved and keen on his teeny weeny daughter and hopefully they will make a proper family one day. 

From Jude UK

The quilts destined for Hotel Hope

Vivienne's next project - putting these together!

A photograph of Ronda taken in April

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 'Donate' button, below, offers one time donations as well as an option for monthly subscriptions other than above options.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for July figures click :

See how you may help!

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Aug 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service