Spreading the word 2012-2013

Here's where we can post examples of people spreading the word both of KAS and of the children we seek to help.  In the last three days, these blog posts have come into my inbox through Google Alerts.  It is so amazing to see how people promote KAS and raise awareness all around the world. 

Please let us know if you find something online, know of a church, community of school involved in promoting KAS and either post a link or a description of what they are doing, to help inspire the wider community to do more of the same.

Best way to spread the word and warm and comfort more children is by example.  Here are the first three links.  I hope there are HUNDREDS by the end of 2012.

Sandy

JANUARY

Kitty's Fiber Journey

Kanelstrand, Simple Living For Human Beings

Terrier Times Online. Love in Every Stitch

South Yorkshire Times

How charity knitting changed my life

Fellowship by Design- Letter from Ronda

Kitty's FIber Journey: Knit a squillion

FEBRUARY

Jigsaw - knit-a-square

Yarn Bomb South Africa

Sweet Posy Dreams - knit-a-square update

Knitting for AIDS Orphans in Africa - Made with Love UK

MARCH

A Little Loopy

VIDEO Knit-a-square visits Humble Little Achievers

Knit-a-squillion challenge

How things go viral!!

One Good Thing (by Jillee). This one was found by Google for the term "AIDS orphans"

Boise State University Update

Close knit group makes blankets for orphans  Great example for schools!

My First KasCuddle

As snug as a bug in a rug

Hope for a close knit world!

APRIL

Kalai is interviewed for Thalo Magazine

Arbiter Online

Mary's Ravelry page

Knit a Square expands to Zimbabwe.  Robyn from She Makes Hats (Google alerts!)

MAY

World AIDS Orphans' day  Well done Laurie!  Google alerts next day for the keyword AIDS Orphans! 

Loritson School Fundraiser More great stuff from Loriston.

The South African  Hmm! didn't even know this interview from last year existed!

North Jersey Fibre Art Festival  558 squares posted!

St Paul's Leaskdale Church Update  5,149 squares from Anne Powell's amazing church community

JUNE
Hamiliton East Public Library
Blankets for babies from Waggle Dancing

JULY/AUGUST

Fellowship by Design

Kas@CLUMC Inspiring video from ClearWater Methodist Church

Knit-a-squillion challenge from Worsted-Knitt.net

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Franca in my craft group did a blog post about the charity craft night we did for KAS http://networkedblogs.com/QMahB

• Well done all around, Mary! That's the secret to KAS, everyone spreading the word.

• Wonderful, Mary!!! Everyone looks happy learning new things and/or using their chosen craft to create for KAS. Thanks go to you and Franca for 'spreading the word'.  :o)

• A Lovely group Mary. What a happy group of people.

• Thank you ladies. It is Wool-Girl's smile that keeps me going. She is relying on me.

I have just had an email in from Nielson UK to confirm that I am now on their data base.

• Wool-Girl and the Balls of Wool is now for sale in three retail wool supply outlets.

The Wool Shop in Moonah Tasmania

The Tasmanian Woollen Co. Salamanca Place Hobart

The Stash Cupboard Liverpool Street Hobart

It is still available on line on tassiestore.com

The e-book is available from Lulu.com, iTunes etc, Nook and GooglePlay where the picture book is also available as a downloadable file.

There are 1000 books in Tasmanian Schools

All together there are currently approximately 3000 items with the knit-a-square.com website printed out in the public arena. I am planning to eventually have all 6000 printed websites with products attached, out there Spreading the Word.

• Oh Maudie, how wonderful!!! Your persistence is really paying of I'm a big way! Kudos my friend! XOXO
    • Just brilliant Maudie, what a fantastic KAS ambassador you are.

• You are amazing, Maudie.  :))

• Did a little 10 min talk to our Women's Institute last night as part of a craft evening and they were so interested to see Kathy's Cosy Jumper and the Cuddles and Izzy dolls so a bit more awareness raising.

Our Sainsbury's supermarket is now promoting KAS - giving out patterns to customers and filling supermarket trolleys with all of their knitting.  i am a little worried that tons of knitting will arrive without the funds to send it but we seem to be managing so far.

This reply was deleted.