SQUARE HEART OF THE MONTH AWARD

Edited by Gloria Grandy 

THE SQUARE HEART AWARD FOR MAY 2015 IS FOR

BARB BEATTIE

*\0/*

In September 2012 Barb said,

“Hello from Alberta, Canada”

~~~~~

She told us she had been watching us from afar for a while.  Lucky for us, she decided to join in and share her talent with us and the children.

She has inspired many with her ability to create comfort from chaos ... like when she transformed this:

into this:

And perhaps my personal favourite is how she turned this:

into this:

We all enjoy Barb's positive presence on the forum, whether she is blogging, crocheting, or encouraging others with her thoughtful and sometimes humorous comments.

The many squares and items she has sent to South Africa to warm and cheer the children are truly appreciated.

BARB ...

... from your fellow Forum members and the whole KAS community,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT

From "our" children in South Africa,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR OUTPUT

We are very fortunate to have you on our team !!!

Barb's photos are here:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?screenName=0jwpzf25lxypa  

And Barb's Blog is here:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/barb-s-blog

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Congratulations Barb, you certainly deserve this award.

May you long continue to have "ants in your hands"!!

• Way to go, Barb!   Your work is so much more than a drop in the ocean -- it is beautiful and so valuable.

Warm hugs to keep you going.....   (    :-)     )

• You are always giving encouragement to others Barb, so you truly deserve to receive this accolade!

• A well deserved award Barb! Always enjoy your blog too. Keep those drops coming!
  • Oh my goodness! What a surprise (and huge honour) to see my name written down as the Square Heart Award recipient! Thank you, so much!

A year and a half ago, my body forced me to retire from hairdressing...my dream job...the job I wanted to do since I was six years old. My back and shoulders just couldn't do the work anymore. KAS has helped to fill a void by allowing me to keep my hands busy. You know the expression "Ants in your pants"? Well, I have ants in my hands. Seriously. My hands can't stand to be still. It's like expecting a 3 year old to sit still on a plane. "Gotta move, gotta move, gotta moooooove!" That's my hands. They're constantly in motion.

KAS also allows me to make a difference in the world, however small. Arthritis means my output isn't what it used to be but that's ok. I keep plodding along, knowing that my drop in the ocean is joining other drops (well, some of you are able to pour buckets into the ocean...lol) and all those drops join together to provide a flood of love for "our" kids.

Everything that KAS does, and stands for, speaks to my heart, and *I* feel like the fortunate one to be a part of it. Thank you, KAS, for doing what you do. And thanks again, everyone, for the honour of this month's award.

• A well deserved award Barb! We are fortunate to have your support both on the forum and for the children.
  • Well-deserved, Barb!  Congratulations!  I find your blogs so inspiring.  You're a great example of steady, consistent work helping our children in SA.  

• Hello Barb, congratulations on being this month's award winner! You humour and support on the forum is greatly appreciated, but more importantly, thank you for all you do for 'our children'. :)))
  • Hi Barb.

Congratulations on the richly deserved award. I know that today is Mayday and a break from work, but don't give up producing all the lovely things that you make for KAS. "Our" children must surely be warmed by so much beauty.

• Congratulations Barb !! It is wonderful to see you are this month's award winner, We love having you on the forum and the things you make for the children.

This reply was deleted.