Square Circle Forum

SQUARES LIST 2018

The AUGUST 2018 Squares List is available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Reminder:

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE TAKE GREAT CARE IN FILLING OUT THE CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please declare '0'  as the parcel value. If your postmaster insists on a value, please declare $1.00. Anything more incurs customs fees. Before mailing any parcels, be sure to read the instructions in the

ZERO TOLERANCE - WE NEED YOUR HELP discussion at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/zero-tolerance-we-need-...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Squares

-pack flat                                  -tail neatly butterflied                             -bundled in 5/10

2. Inside the parcel: Include the Packing Slip                                        3.Check Postage before mailing 

********************************************************************************************************

**************************************************************************************************************

Views: 6183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I have noticed that Australian parcels have dropped off, Wendy. I sent my Feb sqs in late April/early May (I know, I should have got around to it sooner) by airmail so that they could be sewn for Mandela Day in July...I am hoping they will be in June's sqs list. One of my parcels from last year took 7 months to appear on a list (via seamail). It's those Canadians/Uk folk taking up all the van space!!! hahahahaha....or our parcels are taking the scenic route via the South China Sea.  hahahaha

And here I thought it was the Aussies taking up the van space :-)   My parcels from Canada are sometimes taking 6months....though the last ones arrived relatively quickly (3 months)

Guess we have to resign ourselves to the fact that parcels are taking longer to get from the S.A. port to the KAS post office.  It must be the large volume which is slowing down delivery.  

Speaking of which Ronda says that EVERY parcel that KAS receives is now charged a fee!  I'll be shopping in the KAS Shop after I send my parcels to help offset the new fees.

Linda, do you know if this new charge by the PO is regardless of size?  I usually send a parcel per month of around 3.5 kg.  If it is a flat fee I would double the size of my parcels and send every second month

Sadly Sue, every parcel no matter the size is now being charged.  Good idea to double the size of your parcels and send fewer of them.

Here's the info from the Finances discussion concerning the parcel fees. You can see the jump in fees for this year.

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].  In past years the fees were lower and graduated (ie. R24.00[$1.74USD] for a small parcel / R40[$2.91USD] for a large parcel) but that has been changed. 

In the past only around 20% of the incoming parcels attracted the levy, now ALL parcels are included in the calculation. So, for instance, in the past KAS would normally pay between R750[$54.52USD] and R1500[$109.03USD] for an incoming postal collection, this week Ronda paid R2200.00[$159.91USD]and on at least two occasions in late April and May she paid approximately R3500[$254USD].

Thanks Linda.  I was a bit ambiguous in my question. I was doubledouble checking that heavier parcels would not attract an even higher fee.  If it is flat rate regardless I will save my goodies up and send every second month

Interesting - for the last two parcels I received from overseas (not large), I was charged R68 for one and over R100 for the other - I assumed this reflected the difference in size. Added to the fact that the parcels are sometimes at the local Post Office for more than a week before I am notified, this is doubly annoying. 

Was thinking I'll be doing the same, Linda.....and perhaps some fuel funds, too. 

Thanks Bev.  I may send fewer parcels and visit the Shop in between mailings.

Interesting, I sent a parcel in October that hasn’t appeared on the list yet.

For Australian members info..just went online and checked the Auspost calculator.  ..by economy sea mail 3.5 kg is $55.56.       7.00 kg is $85.50.       So economically for ourselves bigger parcels less frequently is a saving, AND a saving for Rhonda

Absolutely Susanne! I have been saving up at least 3kg of goodies before sending. Costs me less for one thing and if I send larger parcels less often it will hopefully help KAS with respect to fees too.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for July figures click :

See how you may help!

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Aug 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service