Square Circle Forum

[Winston,the G4S driver,and Ronda discuss how many squares will fit in the KASvan]    

Look at the space!  

There’s room for 9,250 squares.  Let’s help Ronda fill it.

Over the next 16 weeks we will be running a drive [pun intended] to pack the KASvan with squares.

As you finish a square(s), even those for other challenges, add the number to the tally in this challenge.  Also, Plain Janes won’t go amiss!   The more squares we make the happier Ronda will be, as she drives the KASvan, taking warm blankets to the children.

Squares will be recorded until 16 September.  6 October 

The KASvan was filled on September 12 

Want to do more?

Don’t have time to make squares for the KASvan but would still like to help? 

Visit The Square Shop and purchase fuel for the KASvan.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We filled the KASvan for the 1st time after only 9 weeks of counting.

Now we are gathering squares for a second filling.  The KASvan is now full for a second time !   Thank you to everyone who participated.

Sharon(Aus) has provided us with a beautiful representation of our achieved goal. Her crocheted version of the graph is a perfect way to represent the challenge.  Thanks Sharon !

To thank you for your generous participation, I purchased fuel for the KASvan.  With the KASvan full of blankets, its fuel tank needs to be full of petrol/gasoline to get those blankets to the needy children.  We don’t want Ronda stuck on the side of the road…again !!  

Mary(UK) has purchased snacks to be given to the children when they receive their blankets. Thanks Mary !

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NOTE:  Although we will stop recording squares when the drive is over, we will continue to make and send squares.   Millions of children in South Africa need blankets.  With our squares, Ronda and team continue to fulfill the KAS mission to provide warmth and hope to vulnerable and orphaned children.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Click here to read about G4S Cash Solutions’ generous donation.

Views: 9338

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Great Diane !   We are really piling up the squares !

I wonder if we can fill three vans by sept 16th???

Cherry, wouldn't that be wonderful for Ronda if we could !!  We will be working on filling the second van very soon.

I know, my goal is 100 squares in the same time period that I made 47! Don't know if I'll make it, but I'm determined to at least beat the 47! Keep your fingers crossed!

What a challenge you have set for yourself !  You will be working non-stop on squares :-)

We are in the process of moving across the country, which has given me LOTS of stress that can only be relieved by crocheting! (Seriously: I was able to single crochet a KAS Cuddle in ONE WEEK.) I'm sending my last box from this location today or tomorrow with 54 squares, among other things!

New total: 8382

What a move for you and your family ! I can't imagine packing up your large family.  Then I assume you are driving across the country ?  

Glad crocheting provided some stress relief ...and you finished a Cuddle in record time !

Thanks for taking the time to add your squares total.

Linda,

It's AWFUL =(. We have to pack the washing machine tomorrow, and we're down to needing to pack all of the things we use every day. Yes, we are driving; there really is no good way to get 5 children and 3 pets across the country. I'm planning on driving the vehicle with the dog in it; Husband will have it much harder with 5 kids and two cats ;-)!

Hang in there Rachel !  Soon it will all be in the past....and maybe you can laugh about it[some day in the very distant future ]

Everyone may learn the art of wearing clothes inside out when the right side is dirty LOL

You definitely deserve to have the quieter ride with the dog to chat to, as I imagine you've done most of the packing up.  

Oh Rachel! I certainly hope the move is worth it! The last time we moved it was only about 20 miles and I still swore I would never move again! Similar to my reaction after the first labor and delivery - we know how that worked out! :) So, Linda is right. This will soon be over and you will - eventually - laugh about it. I am so glad to hear that you get the dog. My husband would definitely have given me the kids! Please know that I am thinking about you. Have a safe trip and let us know when you get to the other side. Warm hugs - xoxo

Thanks, ladies! Yes, I've done quite a bit of the packing up while Husband has been at work; he's had a long commute for the past 2 years. He is in the military, so, unfortunately, we expect to have to do this again in 3 years =(.

Rachel, moving again in 3 years !   I hope it won't be as far at least !!   I've been in the same house for 30+ years so I can't imagine packing everything up every 3 years :-(

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The JULY  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Aug 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service