THEMES FOR 2016

Hi KASfriends.

The months have simply flown by and once again its time to turn our attention towards planning our themes for the coming year....
The mods have very briefly batted a few suggestions back and forth, but we would really LOVE to hear your thoughts/ideas.  :))
Just to refresh your memory and/or give you some historical information here is a link to themes from 2012-14.
Here are a few possibilities from the mods....
A 'global' beginning. The Seasons/Mother Nature/A Beautiful World.
Separate boys and  girls months. boys- 'boy' colours, trucks, cars, etc....'boy things'.
girls- 'girl' colours, 'sugar and spice and all things nice'.
Opposites attract. Bright/light colours teamed with those drab greys/browns/black/white/navy that lay ignored in the bottom of your stash.
Count Me In. Literacy/numeracy/colours and other 'learning' squares.  
Yellows and Oranges.......bring some beautiful brightness into their lives.
Some 'old favourites'....that could possibly be incorporated in other months. Textures, variegated, Christmas.
Pretty in pastels......a great suggestion from a couple of our forum members, earlier in the year.

As in past years where we have brought our themes under one 'umbrella', we are considering the 2016 focus to be "Colour Their World".
The thought behind this....the emphasis on making the children's lives brighter with colour, colour, colour...in every theme.
As always, we want our themes to be inclusive for all members......and for everyone to have FUN!!

Thanks guys.  :))

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Bev,

And will it be a category PJ's FOREVER, right? I would to contribute every month, but at level - apprentice -

Great and Creative ideas thus far!!! Love it!!!

• The emphasis is ALWAYS on pj's for every theme, Diana....after all, we need 34 for every blanket to go with one picture square.....and your pj's/stripes are fab!!!!!   :))

• Thanks Bev!!  your stripes are the inspiration . Just finished another one - diagonal striped.  I'll not be 'straight' again... Love it.  On my way to get more yarn!!! ~ Best.

• LOL.....happy yarn shopping!!....my fave kind of shopping.  :))

• OK. I'm IN!!!

• Good on you!!!!!    :))

• I love the suggested main theme of "Colour their World". which lends itself so well to monthly themes.  I Ilike too  "Opposites Attract" and "Pretty Pastels". and  the title "Bits & Bobs" for using  up Odds & Ends. .   

What about "Kaleidoscope Colours, Paintbox Colours, Crayon Colours , and for the popular flag theme  "Railnbow Nations" ?.  I felt this year, the Garden theme had a great response and is worth repeating e.g. "A Garden Full of Colour" or "Seasons in Colour".  "Country Colours" could either mean the countryside or colours of the nations..     Variegated and Stripes/Zig Zags themes  always go down well - though I cannot come up with a different. catchy title. .  "Greens Galore" picks up on the suggestion of a green month. 

I have always found the monthly themes so stimulating and motivating in keeping up interest, so I look forward to seeing the final list for 2016. 

• Hi Susan. Thank you for your thoughts.

The variegated/stripes/fuzzy yarns/stitches will be part of the 'Anything goes' theme. The garden theme will be included in the 'beautiful world' theme. We are still matching the themes (listed a few posts back up the page) with a  corresponding month, but hopefully will have it all sorted soon.  :))

• Thanks, Bev, for your update . My apologies, when I wrote down my thoughts, I had not seen yout latest list. There is certainly something for everyone there. I look forward to 2016.
        • Oh no, don't apologise, Susan.....I appreciate you taking the time to think ahead to 2016 and comment.  :)) 

This reply was deleted.