Square Circle Forum

We have been around for a little more than a year now. During that time, we have developed a ’lingo’ - we have a tendency to say things that a lot of people in the general population don’t understand.

Words have entered our vocabulary that are peculiar to us alone - words that we toss around in casual conversation that only another KASer understands - words that cause non-KASers to look at us as if we were speaking another language....which of course we are!!

Thanks to Karen for suggesting this category - which promises to be a lot of fun.

I will start off with the ones I can think of in the first post. Feel free to add your own definition of KASISMS I have included ..... and add to the list as you think of more. Hope the list will grow and grow

Views: 943

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad you found the discussion, Valerie.  We've had a few visitors since I moved it to this new location a few days ago.

When I have a few minutes (or hours), I will likely try to organize it so that the whole thing is easier to read... or at least redo the intro and put all our KASwords in one list at the top, then add to it as new ones pop up.

I think you are right about KAStoffs - thanks.

Wearing the KAStoff Krown at present is Barbara who has been making amazing blankets from 'different' squares  http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/sorted-in-south-africa-... . Photos of her creations shortly in the Blanket Room.

Thank you, Christine, for pointing this out to us.  Thank you and a big ((hug)) for Barbara, the KAStoff Queen!!!  xo

I think this is going to be a lot of fun.

How about KASwip - WIP being a 'work in progress'.  At the moment I'm surrounded by KASwips - crochet blanket, knitted squares (in strips), hats waiting to be sewn up, dolls ditto ... and so on!   (Sorry if someone has come up with this before.)

Thank you Leslie for coming up with a new Kasism! KASwip is absolutely the perfect term for all those projects we have started and not finished.  I think every KAS-sister has a collection of them, lurking somewhere in a corner giving us occasional pangs of KASguilt and lovely feelings of KASatisfaction when we finish one of them.

Some KAStastic Kasisms Anne!

KASatisfaction is my new favourite!

KASatisfaction is great.

My KASwips have gotten out of proportion, I'm afraid. I'm trying toget several finished to put on my Christmas Fair stall. I have 2 poor bunnies without arms or ears. I'll have to get them finished.  All the squares and blankets will have to wait until the New Year. 

What fun to see this discussion springing to life again!  Anne, a KASictionary would be a great name for the list.  In reading through the pages I find that there are a few that could be lumped together ... (for instance - KASvan, KASmobile - KASsister, KASfriend) ... and think that they could actually be added to a KASaurus :)

I'm with Leslie and Valerie - KASatisfaction is a great one!

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Image result for please images

Please go directly to the Donate page HERE as the Subscribe button below is experiencing difficulties !

[To view other options, Click on Option 1]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $17484.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

KAS MERCHANDISE

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The April 2017 Squares List is available.

Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service