Square Circle Forum

WISDOM FROM OUR GRANDPARENTS - PROVERBS, SUPERSTITIONS and OTHER RULES OF LIFE

My grandmother, Kate, was a 'walking proverb'. She had one for every occasion. 

She also had little superstitions, that guided her behaviour, and to this day some of them have stuck with me.

Other things she said were neither proverbs or superstitions, just sayings she used each time a particular situation would arise and she wanted to make a point.

Since we are such a wide-spread KASfamily, I wonder if 'wisdom' like this is universal, or if each country has its own versions.

Let's share our grandparents' wisdom sayings to see what we can come up with and have some fun.

Please do not list more than one proverb, one superstion and one saying per post so that we all have a chance to 'digest' them.

Views: 1026

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd love to add something but all the ones I've heard you've already covered.  The "stitch in time saves 9" one really applies. I've sewed buttons onto 5 items of family clothing recently (I enjoy doing it) but found in checking the other buttons on each item that I needed to reinforce other buttons or they were about to take off too. There's so much wisdom in these old sayings.  

I love this: Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting.  :)

You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.

Oprah Winfrey

I wonder if that applies to asking our husbands and partners for more yarn???

That's a good one, Jeanne.  :))

We went to our closest city yesterday (about 90 kms away) and we didn't get home 'til about 6pm. Hubby complained most of the way home...he told me not to ask to do that again....so I won't....for a while....lol.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2018

SHOP

NEW! Downloadable Artwork

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby on Saturday.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service