THE YEAR OF THE OLDER CHILD

WARM TOPS - BEANIES - SCARVES - SOCKS (sox) - GLOVES OR MITTENS and, of course, CUDDLY TOYS

Hexagon Sweater by Anne P Vest by Karen's Mum Jumper by Wendy's Mum  Beanies and Looped Scarves by Maria TeresaWinter Warmer in action by Heather  Hat by LaurieSquares Hat Socks Toy by Beth Hexagon sweater 21 by Mary Grace Vest by Karen 

LINDA MALTBY (CANADA)

IS LEADING THE JANUARY 2013 CHALLENGE

It is so important that the children have warm clothing when the South African autumn arrives in March/April.  With this in mind, we are making Ronda’s Winter Drive our January Challenge.

Your parcel does not need to arrive in South Africa before the end of January. Winter in the southern hemisphere starts in June and continues through to August. Those of us who use sea-mail find parcels take between 8-10 weeks to arrive. Thus if you mail a parcel by the end of January it will reach Ronda and the volunteers in early Autumn, ready to be distributed for winter. But, whenever your parcel arrives, know that you are keeping children warm.

The focus will continue to be garments for children aged 4-9 years old. 

Using patterns from the KasPattern Book  which are designed for the older child, will ensure you send exactly what the children need to keep them the warmest.

The Go-Over is perfect for the Plain Jane knitter/crocheter.  It is made with eight 8” squares for the body and eight 7” squares for the sleeves.  Sew them together and you have a cozy sweater. 

For crocheters, Mary’s Chain Stitch Hexagon sweater is wonderfully easy to make. As well as being soft and stretchy, knitters love how quickly Grace’s vest works up.

Or challenge yourself to try one of the more difficult patterns.  Heather’s Winter Warmer is a beautiful knitted sweater.  The Stripes and Triangles sweater, crocheted from the neck down, has a striking pattern. 

Slip Over 2 by Linda 2 vests by Chris 10 Hats by Mary Chunky 19 by Kathy Dress by Laurie Scarves by Joan rainbow vest 2 by Grace Zanny Vest by Brenda 2 Hats by Laurie

Blanket 12a by Christine's Knitting Ladies 170 PJs by Yoga Girls PJ by Claire PJs Multicolore Maria Teresa 40 PJs by Carol  Plain Jane 001 by Sue9 PJs by Maureen Blanket 5a by Christine's Knitting Ladies Blue Striped PJ by Maddie

MORE CONTENTED AND SMILING FACES IS OUR AIM!

FLICKR GALLERY  :  http://www.flickr.com/photos/58924216@N00/sets/72157632172039026/with/8244222901/

KAS PATTERN BOOK  :  

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/page/patterns

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Green-blue variegated Hexagon Sweater - approx size 5-6

2930207756?profile=original

• Go-Over - approx. size 8-10

2930209927?profile=original

• Slip-over six - which has been sitting on my coffee table as a UFO for months - fially finished!

2930202089?profile=original

• 2965042366?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024These are all from various ladies at St. G's. 

• 2965042508?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 2965042216?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 2965042339?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 2930193444?profile=originalJumper 11 made by my Mother (Sylvia). This one measures 28 inches, so should fit a child of about 7/8 years.
    Made in a 'tweedy' patterned yarn (Panda Magnum - Twist Acrylic). This one was finished a week or so ago, but we have had some adverse weather here lately and I have only just been able to photograph it.

2930193563?profile=originalJumper 11 made by my Mother (Sylvia). This one measures 28 inches, so should fit a child of about 7/8 years.
    This one is a little darker than it looks in the photo, I would call the colour 'aubergine'. Has a panel of a 'twisted' stitch pattern on the front and back.

• This is what is going out this week  and the single picture is one I just finished.2965029571?profile=RESIZE_1024x10242965029796?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 2930198010?profile=originalMy Zanny T Sweater for the March featured pattern. Colours are light green and bright gold toned yellow (cloudy here today and hard to get the colours to look right).
    Made to the new version of the pattern, so measures 24 inches, to fit a child of about 3/4 years.
    I enjoyed the challenge of knitting this one, doing the ribbing rows for the sleeve section takes quite a while :).

This reply was deleted.