Square Circle Forum

Downunder and land of the long white cloud

Information

Downunder and land of the long white cloud

For all of us who live upside down on the bottom of the earth to share local craft events, wool and yarn specials and other bits of interest.

Members: 158
Latest Activity: Mar 16

Discussion Forum

Winter specials!!!

Started by Lyn Yvette Gardiner. Last reply by Maureen (Maudie) Anne Bryan Jul 11, 2015. 2 Replies

Yarn - where to buy

Started by Jypsi Mabbott. Last reply by Tricia Hughes Jun 20, 2015. 11 Replies

Would anyone like my squares?

Started by Allison Winter. Last reply by Susan Goode May 9, 2015. 15 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Downunder and land of the long white cloud to add comments!

Comment by Bev Jeffery on March 10, 2017 at 2:43pm

Good Morning Aussie members.

Just a friendly reminder for those who are able to donate to our appeal for our dear Ronda and the children of South Africa that she distributes our goodies to....every $ counts. In this link you will find many ways you can donate...a one off, a monthly, by Paypal, credit card or I am happy to accept cheques that I can then bank and paypal to Ronda on your behalf (of which you would receive a message from me when I receive your cheque and an email from Ronda when I process the Paypal payment. You can let me know on this group page and I can private message you my postal address.

Once again the link to the appeal is:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/kas-finances-urgent-appeal

Thank you Everyone.  :))

Comment by Bev Jeffery on March 10, 2017 at 2:34pm

Hi Aprile.

This was a comment made by Kathy in the UK re having issues with a paypal payment, thought this might have applied to your issue with paypal, too.

Hi Louise and Sharon
A thought I've had - is it worth an email say perhaps twice a year to remind those who pay a monthly donation via PayPal to ensure they keep their details up to date when their card attached to the account expires and a new one is issued? I remember to do this when I have a new debit card issued, but maybe that's because I use PayPal quite often. If a member has set up a PayPal account simply for KAS donations they may not realise? Just a thought! xx

Comment by Bev Jeffery on March 8, 2017 at 9:51pm

You're welcome Aprile.  :)) I'm not really savvy with credit cards and online/computer stuff, so prefer paypal to do it for me....lol.

Comment by Aprile on March 8, 2017 at 5:36pm
Hi again Bev. Oh yes, I see what you mean: this is possible with a credit or debit card instead of using a PayPal account if you want to make one-off donations, but you have to have a PayPal account if you want to donate for the rent each month automatically. That's what they messed up for me, so I think I'll just have to organise myself to send a donation for rent from my debit card every month manually rather than automatically. Thanks for your help Bev!
Comment by Bev Jeffery on March 8, 2017 at 4:23pm

I haven't tried it, as I don't have a credit card, but if you click on the 'donate' button on the right hand side of this page, it takes you to paypal and below the 'log in' to p/pal it says 'if you don't have a paypal a/c you can use these credit cards and then lists them.

Comment by Aprile on March 7, 2017 at 11:09pm
Um... you mean instead of PayPal, really?
Comment by Bev Jeffery on March 7, 2017 at 10:57pm

Hi Aprile. No worries.  :)) 

They do have credit card, I think, if that's suitable for you.  :))

Comment by Aprile on March 7, 2017 at 10:51pm
Hi Bev. I can PayPal. I just don't like it, because I recently found a security issue. And because they had stopped the regular KAS payments, but I only found out accidentally. However I'll assume it was a one-off.... I would've paid by eftpost if that was still available... thanks for the offer of accepting cheques Bev, but it's ok, I'll go back to PayPal..... ta anyway!
Comment by Bev Jeffery on March 7, 2017 at 10:25pm

Hi Aprile.

K-A-Square no longer has an Australian a/c to deposit into. Helen, one of our US mods accepts American cheques that she then banks and then paypals to Ronda in South Africa, as does Louise in the UK. I am happy to do this for anyone in Oz who is unable to paypal. If anyone would like to donate in this way, you can pm me and I will send you my address. When it is sent to Ronda, I can then send you her paypal receipt of your donation.

Comment by Aprile on March 7, 2017 at 8:24pm
Is there an Australian address we can send cheques to? Or even better, an Australian bank account we could deposit into? Thanks!

Members (158)

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The October 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service