Square Circle Forum

Downunder and land of the long white cloud

Downunder and land of the long white cloud

For all of us who live upside down on the bottom of the earth to share local craft events, wool and yarn specials and other bits of interest.

Members: 158
Latest Activity: Nov 30, 2017

Discussion Forum

Winter specials!!!

Started by Lyn Yvette Gardiner. Last reply by Maureen (Maudie) Anne Bryan Jul 11, 2015. 2 Replies

Yarn - where to buy

Started by Jypsi Mabbott. Last reply by Tricia Hughes Jun 20, 2015. 11 Replies

Would anyone like my squares?

Started by Allison Winter. Last reply by Susan Goode May 9, 2015. 15 Replies

Comment Wall

You need to be a member of Downunder and land of the long white cloud to add comments!

Comment by susan iacuone on June 4, 2009 at 7:40pm
have you had a look at the photos on my blog yet? Didn't get one of you at all Sandy, but nice ones of the girls and Zanny
Comment by Sandy McDonald on June 4, 2009 at 7:24pm
Just a such a happy, productive day, great to meet you all. And what an achievement. Thanks to all the Purl's Princesses. And to you Susan especially for you part in it all.
Comment by Kalai McDonald on June 4, 2009 at 2:46pm
Lovely to meet you too Susan

Thanks so much for all your hard work. It's really, really appreciated.

I've done about fifteen squares as well, but over a much longer period of time. Aiming for a blanket is a fabulous goal. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers Susan.
Comment by susan iacuone on June 4, 2009 at 1:56pm
it was such a pleasure to finally meet you Kalai, and also Cressida and Sandy and to watch Cressida make her first foray into Knitdom :]

I've made a couple more squares since I got home yesterday so that takes my personal tally to 15 - I'm aiming at 40 so that even though they won't all go into one blanket, I can think of it as one blanket's worth ... so by that accounting I'm slightly over a third of the way to my goal.
Comment by Cressida McDonald on June 4, 2009 at 1:55pm
Yes congratulations indeed! A wonderful day and thank you to all for your warm encouragement as I finally learnt to knit! 111 squares is an awesome effort, let's make it a nice and round 120 at the next event. By that stage I'll be able to contribute a square or two (albeit pretty wonky ones, if my efforts yesterday are anything to go by!!)
Comment by Kalai McDonald on June 4, 2009 at 1:31pm
Hi everyone and CONGRATULATIONS to the Daylesford Purl's Palace Princesses! Thank you so much to you all for your contributions we collected 111 squares yesterday. We had such a lovely day and it was fantastic to meet you all. We look forward to another Daylesford knit-a-square day in the not too distant future.
Comment by Kalai McDonald on June 1, 2009 at 1:12pm
Hi Lynne thanks heaps for your offer of wool. I'm sure there will be people who'd be very grateful to take you up on that as wool/yarn can be quite expensive if you're buying a lot of it.
Comment by Llynne Neil on May 31, 2009 at 10:07pm
That would be really nice.We are near the end of the new Forrest Highway.
Comment by Patricia on May 31, 2009 at 10:00pm
Hi Llynne, Hoping to move to Connolly, Currambine, Joondalup area, waaaaaay north of you. However, next time we head south I will certainly let you know. Cheers, Pat
Comment by Llynne Neil on May 31, 2009 at 6:01pm
Hello again Pat and all,
Hope your sell and move goes well Pat,I live down at lake CLifton .Where are you thinking of moving to?
I have loads of wool here if anybody would like some .Lots of odd balls.I would be happy to send them to any one in need.
Regards ,

Members (158)

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

One time donation:

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

The FEBRUARY 2018 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

New to the forum?

Please click on

at the top of this  

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service