Square Circle Forum

Saturday 25th August from 10:30 to 15:30

Twyford Village Hall, 15 Main Street, Twyford, Melton Mowbray LE14 2HU

A get together in the East Midlands for a knitting and crochet (and crafting) birthday party - a chance to make squares together, maybe even a birthday square or in a birthday colour, and have a bring and share lunch and lots of tea, coffee and maybe even cake!

The hall has facilities for making lots of tea and coffee, an oven, a fridge, a dishwasher, plenty of mugs, cutlery, plates and bowls….. There are loads of tables and chairs and a separate section where we can eat so we don’t have to eat off our knees (or our work).

The cost will be £5 for the hire of the hall and anything over the hire costs will be used for posting what we make that day, and anything above that will go to KAS in South Africa as a donation. .

The hall has a seating capacity of over a hundred, though I doubt we would get that many - the point is that you are welcome to invite friends along but please keep me in the loop as to how many are coming so we don’t go mad on it!

It would need people to drive to get there as it is not in a town, which I appreciate may be a problem for some of us. I am hoping that people can share lifts to help out with that.

There is a bus timetable from Melton Mowbray here: http://www.centrebus.info/Pages/Rutland.aspx

There is a bus time table from Leicester here:
https://bustimes.org/services/100-leicester-barkby-barsby...

YOU WILL NEED TO BRING WITH YOU AT LEAST ONE OF
DK or Aran yarn and needles
DK or Aran yarn and hooks
The usual notions - row counters, scissors, needles etc.
Sewing fabris and threads
Spinning wheel and fleece / fibre

YOU WILL ALSO need to bring £5 for the day - and some cash for a raffle

YOU WILL ALSO need to bring with you something for the bring and share lunch - sweet or savoury, hot or cold as we have an oven and a fridge available

I do hope to see you there!

Views: 209

Replies to This Discussion

Fantastic idea, Rebecca!! I wont be able to attend the pary but yes contribute with 2 bags of fruit. 

Thanks for organizing the gathering for KAS 10 years.

I have located some raffle tickets (well, cloakroom tickets, but......) and have started to collect up some raffle prizes, so it looks like the raffle will be going ahead :)

Thoughts please.......... Someone suggested we do a de-stash, re-stash table at the party - bring along and sell yarn you no longer want and buy stuff someone else no longer wants.  A percentage of the sale price to go to KAS.

I am not sure - what do you think?

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].  

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The MAY  2018 Squares List is available.

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. 

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Jun 5.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service