Latest Activity: Dec 3

Discussion Forum

Teddy Day 2017 - 19th August

Started by Rebecca Price. Last reply by Louise Tidman Oct 6. 18 Replies

Teddy Day Melton Mowbray September 2016

Started by Rebecca Price. Last reply by Rebecca Price Apr 22. 18 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of UK to add comments!

Comment by joan anthony on August 7, 2017 at 12:05am

For anyone in London who is interested - there is a KnitFest on the 1st Nov. - http://bit.ly/2s9savh

Comment by Tom Skupham on July 2, 2017 at 6:47am

Thanks for the Heads up Joan

Comment by joan anthony on July 1, 2017 at 11:32pm

Life Swap Adventures.  Has anyone been watching this?  If not, try to catch the first episode on BBC iplayer before they remove it - George in Malawi.  He is going to get his bees as there has been enough raised through crowdfunding and a bit more to help his village.

Comment by Tom Skupham on April 24, 2017 at 6:27am

this years postage rise for 2kg economy small parcels is only 10 pence going up from £13.25 to £13.35 , I used to send when I had 1kg but find if I have enough Knitted  for a blanket, with toys it comes to 1.5 kg it is better to continue till just below the 2kg for best value

Comment by Pam Johnson on March 10, 2017 at 11:10am

Ah well that's interesting Linda and as you say every little helps.

Elaine has sent money to Ronda today from one of our regular contributors.  There are a few people who donate regularly to Knit for Life so that we can claim Gift Aid here in the UK and pass the total on to Ronda.

Comment by Linda Maltby on March 10, 2017 at 10:37am

I had a peek at Eastfundraising to see what shops were offered.  I can't order  because I'm in Canada but today I received a survey from them. They donated 50p to Knit for Life when I completed the survey.  So eventhough I can't buy anything using Easyfundraising, I've been able to donate 50p to Knit for Life, who will send it on to Ronda.  Every little bit helps.

Comment by Linda Maltby on March 6, 2017 at 5:58am

I know Pam Johnson has posted this information before but in light of the Appeal I thought I would add it again.  Here is what Pam has to say:

As many UK KAS members will know, Elaine Jones and I run Knit for Life in the UK and we have always made KAS the prime target for our funds.   UK KAS members can get funds to Ronda by using Easy Fundraising when they buy online and Elaine will forward the funds raised to Ronda.

This is how it works - 

Whenever you buy anything online - from your weekly shop to your annual holiday - you could be collecting free donations for Knit for Life and all of these will be passed on to KAS. So far Knit for Life has raised over £800 like this.

There are over 3,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation, including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury's – it doesn't cost you a penny extra!

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3...

1. Head to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/knitforlife/ and join for free.

2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.

3. After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to your good cause for no extra cost whatsoever!

There are no catches or hidden charges and Knit for Life will pass on the funds to Ronda.

Several UK KAS supporters do this already but not many - and you can check with Ronda that we send the funds on to her.

You can message me or Elaine on the forum if you would like more information.

Comment by Louise Tidman on March 6, 2017 at 5:04am

A MESSAGE TO ALL UK FORUM MEMBERS WITHOUT A PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

You should have recently received an email regarding Ronda's urgent appeal for distribution funds. I have added the following message to the appeal discussion but thought I'd post it here too for all UK group members.

KAS Coffee Morning

I will be hosting my annual fundraising Coffee Morning this Saturday 11th March. Sharon and Jude will be there providing much needed assistance along with lots of other ladies from our knitting group.   After the Coffee Morning Sharon & I will be sending a donation to Ronda out of the proceeds we make on the day.   If you would like to send a donation to Ronda but haven't got a PayPal account I would be willing to accept a cheque from you, after I have banked your cheque I would  transfer your donation via my PayPal account to Ronda.   I can only do this for UK forum members. 

If you would be interested in doing this please leave a message on the APPEAL discussion, or on my forum page and I will contact you by private forum message to give you my home address to send a cheque. Thank you Louise  :)))

Comment by Tom Skupham on December 21, 2016 at 8:08am

Sandra and I hope you have a Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year

we hope the September meeting went well

Comment by Anne Powell on October 27, 2016 at 11:52pm

CHRISTMAS CARDS NOW AVAILABLE IN THE KAS SHOP here

Members (349)

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The NOVEMBER 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service