Square Circle Forum

United States of America

Information

United States of America

A friendly group of knitters and crocheters from the 50 states of the USA. 

Members: 299
Latest Activity: Sep 4

Join us in raising money for the Blanket Pack Drive. See details below.

Discussion Forum

Question on mailing parcels.

Started by Sibel. Last reply by Jana Benitez Dec 8, 2016. 2 Replies

October Snippets

Started by Amy Oct 27, 2016. 0 Replies

Price to mail items

Started by Deanna Williams. Last reply by Judith Rose Aug 8, 2016. 7 Replies

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of United States of America to add comments!

Comment by Helen M. Flagg on March 8, 2017 at 2:08pm

Thanks so much, Mary Anne, for your donation.  Ronda has determined that she needs at least $2600 per month (which includes rent of $1300) to run KAS.  The donations have just not been coming in.  I think we are all going to have to put our shoulders to the wheel and back her up on a more consistent basis in the future.  I know we can do it now that we know what is needed.

Comment by Mary Anne Fellows on March 8, 2017 at 11:58am

Hi Helen,

I wanted to let you know that, immediately after seeing your post yesterday, I sent Ronda a large donation.  I am also going to increase the monthly amount that I donate.  As Debbie mentioned, the cost of sending squares has gotten so high, and I'm afraid I haven't been sending as many lately.  So, I am happy that I can help Ronda out this way, and still try to mail squares every few months :)!  Thank you so much for the head's up Helen!  You are such a blessing to this group!

Sending love and hugs to all my KAS friends!

XOXO

Mary Anne

Comment by Helen M. Flagg on March 7, 2017 at 9:23am

Thanks so much, Debbie.  Ronda is really in need of our help now.

Comment by Debbie Posmontier on March 7, 2017 at 7:55am

Thanks, Helen, for the thoughtful posting about the financial crisis. I have sent a donation through Paypal and will continue to send monthly donations as I can. The postage increase has greatly limited the number of squares that I can send but I will continue to support the fine work of KAS through donations.

Comment by Helen M. Flagg on March 7, 2017 at 4:07am

Thanks for responding to the need, Diane.

Comment by Diane Kubiak on March 7, 2017 at 2:38am
I got a nice thank you email from Rhonda this morning..
Comment by Helen M. Flagg on March 7, 2017 at 2:33am

To all members of this USA Forum group:  Ronda is in financial crisis.  Unless KAS members get behind her and donate to keep KAS alive, we may see no more distributions of the needlework we love to make for the children.  The KAS finances have taken a hit with the flooding of the offices.  In addition, Ronda has calculated the it costs approx. ten dollars per child to put a blanket around them.  There are costs to have the blankets sewn by the gogos, gasoline costs, and costs to provide fruit for each child during distribution.  With 10,000 KAS members throughout the world, Ronda currently has 15 - yes, 15 - members donating on a regular monthly basis.  This cannot continue.  We have almost 300 members of Knit-a-Square in the U.S. alone.

If KAS is to continue, the members are asked at the present time to do one of three things:

1) If you have a Paypal account, go to the Forum page, look on the right and make a generous donation to KAS through Paypal using the Donate button.

2) Go to the KAS Shop and make a purchase.  This money goes directly to KAS for support.

OR

3)  If you do not have a Paypal account, as in the past, for U.S. members only (as I cannot handle the exchange rate), when we have had fundraisers in this group, send me a personal check.  I will collect these over time and forward the funds to Ronda through my Paypal account.

My address is:  Helen Flagg

18431 Point Lookout Drive

Houston, Texas 77058

Please, please help support Ronda and the KAS team.  It would be a terrible thing if we lost KAS when there are so many vulnerable, needy children and we have a dedicated avenue to reach them.

Please donate.........and soon.

Thank you,

Helen

Comment by Helen M. Flagg on February 5, 2017 at 5:36am

Laurie, this is a real problem for all of us in the U.S.  The cost of sending squares to SA has become almost prohibitive.  In looking at the Squares Received list, I have noted for months that our usual senders' names are missing.  I think many are in your same boat.  The only reason our church group can continue sending is due to the fact that we have had some lovely bequests from KAS members who passed away and left us funding.  If postage is too much for you now, perhaps you could consider contributing dollars to the Pay-the-Rent fund.  That is certainly in need of support. 

Comment by Laurie C. Hake on February 2, 2017 at 12:13pm
I am using the US Post Office-but the cost has doubled. I may have to go to donating $ instead of mailing squares.
Comment by Amy on December 25, 2016 at 5:02am

Merry Christmas to all the KAS members. You are all blessings to the children in South Africa.

Members (299)

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

GET THE MOTOR RUNNING !

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The August 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service