Square Circle Forum

2016 November Pattern of the Month

PLAIN JANE SQUARE

Crochet pattern by Linda Maltby (Canada)                                                                                                                                    

Knit pattern by Carol Playford (UK)

PJ’s are the easiest squares to make, they can be knitted or crocheted. I’m sure all KAS crafters are able to make a PJ square.  They are the backbone of Knit-A-Square. It takes 35 of these squares to make a blanket for a child in need and each square is treasured. We would love to see your PJ’s so please upload your photos onto the forum.

A batch of PJ’s crocheted by Christine Chiplen (UK)

A true PJ square is all one colour but they can be made with variegated and self-patterning yarn or striped like the ones below by Bev Jeffery (Australia) & Rebecca Price (UK)

“I’m just a ‘Plain Jane’ square.  Nothing fancy, nothing grand!  Just a ‘Plain Jane’ square, made by a loving hand.  You think I’m not important?  Well, think again, my friend! ‘Cause many other ‘Plain Janes’ when they’re joined end to end will keep an orphan warm at night, wrap ‘round them on cold days, and tell them that they’re loved in, oh, so many ways!”   Anne Powell (Canada) 

Blanket of PJ's by Wendy (Australia)

41 - Rhythm & Blues

Have a look through our KAS Pattern Book where other patterns are available.  Please try as many as you like.   

Last updated by Louise Nov 1, 2016.

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The JULY  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Aug 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service