Square Circle Forum

February - Passion for Purple - TC Honeycomb Stitch

Caron Cake (color - Bumbleberry) - gorgeous shades from very pale mauve to deep purple.

Views: 42

Comment

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Comment by Diane Burns on February 5, 2017 at 6:59am

Oh these are beautiful and perfectly square!

Comment by Gloria Grandy on February 2, 2017 at 1:34am

I should have told you that these squares are made using Combination 2 on page 9 of my TC booklet. xo

Comment by Gloria Grandy on February 2, 2017 at 1:22am

Thank you everyone!

Jude, I am thrilled you are going to try this.  And yes!  I will answer any questions you have and help in any way I can.  As for a hook size, I would suggest that you check the size suggested on the yarn wrapper and go up a couple of sizes larger.  For instance if the wrapper suggests using a size 4mm, I would jump to a 6mm.  My Caron Cake wrapper suggests 5mm and these squares were worked with a 7mm hook.

Of course it will depend on the pattern you are working, but that is a good general rule :) xo 

Comment by Amy on February 2, 2017 at 1:16am

These are beautiful Gloria.  Your Caron Cakes are a smashing success.  That little bit of wool in them with keep the children's hands toasty warm.  I hope to get back to my cakes soon.

Comment by Jude Sullivan on February 2, 2017 at 1:16am
Ok I am 'hooked', I will buy your book today and get started. What size hook should I buy and can I use the same wools as 'my version' of crochet?
Can I have on-line tutorials?
Oh I feel a headache coming on for me and you Glo lol xxxxx
Comment by Gloria Grandy on February 2, 2017 at 1:09am

Joan and Jude, I am eavesdropping here ... tee hee hee.

Joan is right!  You can make your handwarmer squares with TC then stitch it as you would a knit or regular crochet square :)  As a matter of fact, there is a pattern for handwarmers in my Tunisian Booklet in the KAS Shop :)  

Joan, I will be thrilled if you decide to try TC handwarmers,  Remember that I'm here if you need any assistance at all!  Good luck :) xo

Comment by Jude Sullivan on February 2, 2017 at 1:04am
So creative as always!xxx
Comment by Joan Humm on February 2, 2017 at 12:57am
Well Jude, I'm wondering if I made 6 inch squares if perhaps they could be turned into hand warmers :) you never know xxx
Comment by Jude Sullivan on February 2, 2017 at 12:49am
I agree Joan, if we could guarantee making squares as beautiful as Glo's we should give it a go but what about the handwarmers you may get withdrawal symptoms! Lol xxxx
Comment by Joan Humm on February 1, 2017 at 12:59pm
Yet again, more beautiful squares Gloria. I think I'm going to have to give Tunisian crochet a go. :))

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The DECEMBER 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service