Square Circle Forum

Caron Cake (color - Bumbleberry) - gorgeous shades from very pale mauve to deep purple.

Views: 44

Comment

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Comment by Diane Burns on February 5, 2017 at 6:59am

Oh these are beautiful and perfectly square!

Comment by Gloria Grandy on February 2, 2017 at 1:34am

I should have told you that these squares are made using Combination 2 on page 9 of my TC booklet. xo

Comment by Gloria Grandy on February 2, 2017 at 1:22am

Thank you everyone!

Jude, I am thrilled you are going to try this.  And yes!  I will answer any questions you have and help in any way I can.  As for a hook size, I would suggest that you check the size suggested on the yarn wrapper and go up a couple of sizes larger.  For instance if the wrapper suggests using a size 4mm, I would jump to a 6mm.  My Caron Cake wrapper suggests 5mm and these squares were worked with a 7mm hook.

Of course it will depend on the pattern you are working, but that is a good general rule :) xo 

Comment by Amy on February 2, 2017 at 1:16am

These are beautiful Gloria.  Your Caron Cakes are a smashing success.  That little bit of wool in them with keep the children's hands toasty warm.  I hope to get back to my cakes soon.

Comment by Jude Sullivan on February 2, 2017 at 1:16am
Ok I am 'hooked', I will buy your book today and get started. What size hook should I buy and can I use the same wools as 'my version' of crochet?
Can I have on-line tutorials?
Oh I feel a headache coming on for me and you Glo lol xxxxx
Comment by Gloria Grandy on February 2, 2017 at 1:09am

Joan and Jude, I am eavesdropping here ... tee hee hee.

Joan is right!  You can make your handwarmer squares with TC then stitch it as you would a knit or regular crochet square :)  As a matter of fact, there is a pattern for handwarmers in my Tunisian Booklet in the KAS Shop :)  

Joan, I will be thrilled if you decide to try TC handwarmers,  Remember that I'm here if you need any assistance at all!  Good luck :) xo

Comment by Jude Sullivan on February 2, 2017 at 1:04am
So creative as always!xxx
Comment by Joan Humm on February 2, 2017 at 12:57am
Well Jude, I'm wondering if I made 6 inch squares if perhaps they could be turned into hand warmers :) you never know xxx
Comment by Jude Sullivan on February 2, 2017 at 12:49am
I agree Joan, if we could guarantee making squares as beautiful as Glo's we should give it a go but what about the handwarmers you may get withdrawal symptoms! Lol xxxx
Comment by Joan Humm on February 1, 2017 at 12:59pm
Yet again, more beautiful squares Gloria. I think I'm going to have to give Tunisian crochet a go. :))

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS supplied blankets, hats, handwarmers and toys to over 5,500 children in 2017.  If Ronda’s wishes come true, in 2018 even more children will receive the gift of warmth and love from around the world.

See how you may help!

With Gratitude to our Gogos

SQUARES LIST

The MAY  2018 Squares List is available.

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. 

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Jun 5.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service