Square Circle Forum

Sandy McDonald's Comments

Comment Wall (215 comments)

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

At 6:18pm on February 6, 2016, Kathy Chantrell said…

Hi Sandy,

There were no problems with the sites originally but have gone onto patterns today and have the message that there are malware issues.

Kathy

At 5:26pm on August 29, 2013, Mary DeRome said…

Hi Sandy I am a relatively new member of this wonderful forum I have a couple questions for you As well as knitting I  make scrap patchwork quilts and jackets would it be helpful to tops and quilts for the children I would flannel on the inside for warmth and colourful on the outside one benefit would the speed with which they could be made. I'll keep knitting until I hear from you

At 4:16am on December 22, 2012, Laurie Fortier gave Sandy McDonald a gift
Gift
A blessed Christmas to you extraordinary KAS women! Your kindness and generosity inspire me beyond words.
At 10:01pm on February 14, 2012, MILI K gave Sandy McDonald a gift
At 11:27pm on February 8, 2012, Grace Weir said…

What brilliant news Sandy ... I have another batch of squares to post so JIGSAW here they come!

At 3:45pm on July 30, 2011, Di said…
I'm about to send off 60 squares but feel concerned (once again) that they may not arrive; although I've been through all the lists from July 2010 - March 2011 many times, I can't find any indication of my contribution posted from Oz in June last year.
At 6:00am on April 8, 2011, Laurie C. Hake said…
Sandy: 
Delete Comment  

While working on squares this AM, I happened to catch a PBS Special called "A Walk to Beautiul".  I believe it was filmed somewhere in Etheopia at the "Addis Ababa" Fistula Hospital.  Besides being a wonderful story, I noticed at least 4 women in knitted or crocheted blankets made from various colored squares.  Is someone else doing the same project?    Is this possible?  If anyone else has happened to see the special, would appreciate a response - thanks, Laurie

At 6:06pm on April 06, 2011, Pam Antink gave Sandy McDonald a gift
At 11:42am on April 6, 2011, Barbara Hawkins said…

Hi Sandy, 

Linda Maltby's discussion on Granny Squares are back gave me much food for thought.

On her link was a photo of Cate Blanchett wearing a granny square dress which was made and designed by an Australian company.  I suggested in my reply to Linda that Cate may like to donate her dress to KAS when she was finished with it, but as she was wearing it at a red carpet do it maybe on loan.

Well my thoughts were could we contact Cate Blanchett and or the manufacturer of the dress even if we don't get the dress to auction for KAS funds it could be a way of raising our profile.

This is just an idea off the top of my head and unfortunately I have not thought it through in detail.  I would love to know your thoughts and if you think I'm just mad as a hatter please feel free to say so.

Many thanks for all you do for KAS, love, Barbara

At 10:40pm on February 25, 2011, Pam Antink said…
Sorry Sandy, meant to say I'll alert you to when I'm up and running so you don't waste time by keeping on trying.  Pam x
At 6:55am on January 12, 2011, Julia Dee said…
Sandy thank you for adding the "Square Shop" to the site. I have just ordered a hat, a tote bag and T-shirts to wear in South Africa next month. I hope that I can be a "walking advert" for your site. I am sure that when I am out and about.....I do like to spend time having a coffee and speaking to locals..... they will prove a talking point and get more people involved.
At 11:48pm on December 24, 2010, Angela Garlant said…

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you, Sandy, and your family.  Hope the festive season gives you all a little time to relax and unwind after all the hard work put in through 2010.

Very best wishes, Angela xxxx

At 5:44pm on December 5, 2010, Sue Gillman said…
Sandy I am still having trouble being a regular donator. the paypal doesn't like my credit ard for some reason. Please can you email me an address to send a cheque and would $NZ be OK ?
At 3:57am on November 22, 2010, Belinda Robson said…
Help! Is the middle of the knitted pullover -between the ribbed bits -done in stocking stitch or garter stitch please. It says "knit 30 rows -sticking stitch " but that's garter stitch. Which shall I do -stocking stitch or garter stitch???
At 9:31am on September 2, 2010, Angela Garlant said…
Hi Sandy, I shall be sending a further package off tomorrow containing 10 squares - using the 'bar code system'. I woud mention that my first package sent on 23rd July by airmail I(normally takes no more than 7 days) does not appear to have arrived as I have not yet received acknowledgement. I was being patient until noticed that Christine Johnson has had a package acknowledged by the barcode reader - fingers crossed that my package finds its way to the bar code reader very shortly!!
At 8:37pm on August 22, 2010, Julia Dee said…
Good morning Sandy. I have just added my first "blog". Have I put it in the wrong place as it does not appear with the 17 other members blogs.
At 2:38am on August 13, 2010, Kathy Nausley said…
Hi Sandy,
Sending greetings from a very HOT Missouri! Hope all is well with you and your family. One of these days I will send some samples of my artwork and see if you can use them to help our little African babies. I just won Best of Show on one of my paintings of an African lady with a baby on her back - I'm finally getting around to painting from my photos from our trip last year to S. Africa. It helps bring all those wonderful memories back! Have a great day!
At 7:54pm on August 9, 2010, marina said…
Dear Sandy, I uploaded the photo with our Poster on my pag. if you like to see it, for the Kas event this Saturday coming.
We do hope to have lots of people coming our way, say a little prayer for us.
I will send more photos of the event and let you know how it all went.
Just an information before I go: I changed my email recently. How do I go about changing it?, although I did have access any way to my pag. but just for the record.
Many thanks.
marina
At 8:01am on July 23, 2010, marina said…
I just discovered the hand puppet of Christine Johnson and I am trying to find the pattern which is said to be under: Easy Teddy hand puppett.
If you find it,could you please send me the link as I will have the Group have a go.
Many thanks and God bless. I did put our posters for the event to the College too and I do so hope for a great turnout on the day and also from the Camping nearby.
Myself and my Tutor and a collegue will be doing haircuts on the day it will be great, just hope to have clients. Bye for now.
marina

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY THE KAS 2018 CALENDAR HERE

SQUARES LIST

The October 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service