Square Circle Forum

Bev Jeffery's Comments

Comment Wall (573 comments)

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

At 11:34am on April 10, 2017, Jackie said…

Thank you for the information, Bev!

At 1:46pm on March 16, 2017, Lorraine Ailsa Temple said…

Morning Bev, Would like to donate and don't have Paypal so would need to send a cheque. Could you please advise who to make this out to (knit-a-square?) and where to send it. Thanks....Toodles Lorrie

At 8:32pm on March 14, 2017, Sarah van Niftrik said…

Hi Bev!

Great!  I'll give Ronda a call when I'm not so busy and have a goodly amount of squares to give her.  I'm so pleased I'm doing it correctly.  As I've said, I'm not a brilliant knitter, but garter stitch squares are definitely something I can do :))

At 2:53am on March 14, 2017, Sarah van Niftrik said…

Hi Bev,

Thank you for the warm welcome!  Yes, I am very close to the Randburg centre in Johannesburg.  I would love to be able to volunteer at some stage, when I'm not so busy working.  For the moment, when I've got a batch I'll take them to Randburg and meet the ladies there.  My squares are 8"x 8" - is that OK?  What is the preferred wool to use?  Thanks again!

At 8:34am on February 18, 2017, Leanne Hunt said…

Hi Beverly!  Thanks for the warm welcome.  Not sure if I'm doing this right—don't know if there is a difference between leaving a comment and replying—but I'm sure I'll learn as I go along. Yes, the patchwork blankets are my own work and the Labbie is my guide dog!

At 3:17am on February 18, 2017, Leanne Hunt said…

And yes, the beautiful Labrador is my guide dog Lulu who has been with me since 2008.

At 8:18pm on January 15, 2017, Kathy Chantrell said…

Thanks Bev,

Kathy P gave me the yarn. I believe it came from Aldi store. From 200g I knitted both teddies and a diagonal:))

At 8:46am on January 14, 2017, Karen Worrell said…
Hi Bev
Thank you for the warm welcome and all the information. Am currently knitting plain squares but plan on trying some of the knitted toys too. I am in Lincolnshire the East coast of England, very wet, windy and risk of floods here at the minute. Good time to knit though!! Thanks again x
At 1:53pm on December 28, 2016, Kerri Prinos said…

Thank you so much for the welcome! :)  I have been knitting for Knit-A-Square for over 2 years, but I hadn't gotten around to joining the forum yet.  I'm glad I finally did, it seems like a very nice group of people :)

At 11:23pm on December 9, 2016, Patricia Platt said…

Thanks again Bev. xx   I am a bit different probably than most of the UK ladies you have met, I am actually an American who now has British citizenship. :) Have lived here in the UK for over 20 years now. :) Yes, we do have some really lovely ladies in our knitting group. :)

At 10:31pm on December 8, 2016, Patricia Platt said…

Oh I think I left a comment in the wrong place. LOL Oh well.

Thanks Bev for the lovely welcome. :) Yes, Sharon Fennell is my lovely friend.:) We belong to the same knitting group and she has introduced me to your charity here. I have been doing some crocheting for various animal charities for the past few years and I thought this was a good charity too to make things for. :) I have done a few squares and passed them onto Sharon. I thought I would join in as I enjoy making toys for kids. :) Also the knitting is helping me to practice and get better at my craft. :) Thanks again for the warm welcome and for all the good you all do to help the children. xxx

At 11:37am on December 8, 2016, Angela Holm said…

Hi Bev, thank you for the welcome!  I do have a question.  Some of the ladies in my church have joined me in making up squares for you.  Some of them are more rigorous knitters than others, in terms of dimensions.  I have a small stack of squares that are quite rectangular - they might be 7 1/2" x 9 1/2".  What would you recommend that I do with these squares? 

At 10:06pm on November 28, 2016, Kerry Brown said…

Thanks for the welcome, Bev. Bridgetown is definitely in my neck of the woods - great to see another WA resident in the knitting world. I was at Manjimup for a workshop last month! I only realized about butterflying the ends when I read through the website more carefully - but I am on the right track now! I am amazed at all the different styles - they are incredible. I am sticking to pretty plain knitting so I can knit without thinking while I am on public transport! Kerry

At 10:19am on November 13, 2016, Ashley McManus said…

Bev, thanks so much for such a warm welcome!! Excited to start knitting for this cause.

Can you point me to the packing slip to include with the shipment, and any other items I should know for shipping from the USA? The page with all that info doesn't have any links where that info should be, and on the website those links are broken. Thank you!

At 3:33am on November 9, 2016, Lesley King said…

Thanks for your warm welcome and helpful tips, Bev - it will take me a while to get used to posting, commenting etc, but I'll try to upload photos at some point.  I've been browsing the past photos on the site, and just want to have a go at everything!

Not sure if I need to reply to every 'welcome' comment individually, but if not, thank you all!

At 3:11am on October 30, 2016, Kathy Chantrell said…

Thanks Bev, Big Ted is 14"in length and he only took a few hours to make. Other half chose the colour for his scarf:))

At 10:26pm on October 24, 2016, Jypsi Hooper said…

Thanks Bev :)

I'm excited to be back knitting 

xx

At 5:31pm on October 22, 2016, Kathy Chantrell said…

Thanks Bev,

He was very quick to knit. The yarn instructions said 10mm but I used 7mm to make the knit closer and knitted buttons are so easy & safe:))

At 5:56pm on October 21, 2016, Hwang Eu said…

Thanks Bev,  Knit a Square has been something which I had wanted to do but never got down to it.  Any type of yarn can be used for the squares ?

At 8:12am on October 3, 2016, Emma Overall said…

Hi Bev, thank you for your message...it's great to be part of the team!  I've been looking at your photos - your squares are so lovely!  :-)

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Image result for please images

Please go directly to the Donate page HERE as the Subscribe button below is experiencing difficulties !

[To view other options, Click on Option 1]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS now has 104 regular monthly subscriptions.

A regular monthly income helps to give KAS financial stability.

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

SUPPORT THE GOGOS

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The March 2017 Squares List is available.

Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service