Pam published a list of our monthly themes for 2015 in the December issue of KasSnippets, but to make the list easy to find in the months to come, I am re-posting it here.

Many of us like to plan ahead, purchase special yarns for an upcoming theme, or just jump into a theme and make a square months ahead of time - whenever the mood strikes or our creative juices are flowing, then tuck it away for posting in the appropriate month.

Here's the Theme List for 2015 - I think you'll agree - its going to be a fun and inspiring year!

JANUARY - The Garden - anything from the garden - Christine Chiplin supported by Linda Maltby

FEBRUARY - Think Like a Kid - Four legged friends, Counting Squares, Word Squares - all with African Flavour, - Anne Powell

MARCH - Colour Collision - Rainbows, Kaleidoscope, Nifty Neons - Elaine Jones

APRIL - Variegated Yarn - This is one of the most popular and is enjoyed by the members - Bev

MAY - One-Color Squares - PJs and Textures [Including Autumn Glory, Pretty Pinks, Ruby Reds ... and so on.] - Gloria Grandy

JUNE - Stitchtastic - Stitches, Stripes & Zig Zags  - Pam Antink

JULY - Christmas - Glorious Greens & Reds - Debbie Posmontier and Sue Gillman

AUGUST - "Flags - the international KAS community" - Heather Mensah

SEPTEMBER - Fabulous Faces - Smiley faces, Animal & People faces - Robin Monsees

OCTOBER - Grannies & Garters - Susan Donaldson

NOVEMBER - Oceans/Land/Sky/Space - Valerie Zalewski supported by Linda Maltby

DECEMBER - Year End UFOs, Stash Busters, Plain Janes, Easy Peezies and other Favorites - Susan Haines

IMPORTANT REMINDER

2015 has been named THE YEAR OF THE PLAIN JANE, so whatever the theme, EVERY month is also a "month of the Plain Jane".

In "KASlanguage" a PJ, as they are affectionately called, is any solid coloured square done in garter stitch or single crochet. They are beautiful in their own right and do not need any embellishment.

Nothing is more beautiful than a stack of of lovely, simple squares, and for every fancy "picture square", we need 34 PJs to make a blanket.

We hope that all of you who specialize in PJs will post photos in the monthly themes, for they are indeed the very backbone of KAS

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –