Square Circle Forum

FINAL UPDATE FOR 2016

The December 2016 Squares List is available

Please visit the website:

www.knit-a-square.com  

Click on 'Received Squares'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Reminder:

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE TAKE GREAT CARE IN FILLING OUT THE CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please declare '0'  as the parcel value.  Anything more incurs customs fees.

Before mailing any parcels, be sure to read the instructions in the

ZERO TOLERANCE - WE NEED YOUR HELP discussion at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/zero-tolerance-we-need-...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reminders when packing your parcels

1. Squares

-pack flat                                  -tail neatly butterflied                             -bundled in 5/10

2. Inside the parcel: Include the Packing Slip                                3.Check Postage before mailing  

GRAPHS

The number of squares, hats, handwarmers and toys

received in South Africa in 2016 [red line] compared to 2015 [blue line].

The focus for 2016 and for some time to come will be:

squares for blankets, hats, handwarmers and cuddly toys.

In the 2016 Graphs the Tops will not be recorded.

Handwarmers and toys were not added to the graphs in 2015 so only 2016  contributions can be shown.

Squares: 4.212 ( 120 blankets)

Hats: 167

Handwarmers: 191

Toys: 85

OVERALL TOTALS 2016:

177.306 Squares (equal to at about 5065 blankets), 8.312 Hats, 4.932 pairs of Handwarmers and  3.232 Toys were received!

DISTRIBUTION FIGURES 2016

In combination with blankets in stock in 2015 - ready for distribution in 2016-  and blankets made this year, 

RONDA AND THE TEAM MANAGED TO DISTRIBUTE 6.000 BLANKETS!

Last but not least, other "warmers" such as KAScuddles, T-sweaters, cardigans, and Heather's winterwarmers were received from loving and caring crafters around the world. As our S.A. team is no longer able to distribute these items, Ronda very kindly passes them along to third parties such as Outreach Foundation, Rape Crisis Centre in Beoni, Hotel Hope, and Baragwanath Hospital.

Thank you ALL so very much!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Views: 3061

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Karla, I saw your squares and other items in the squares list of December 2015. Unfortunately we cannot add the squares lists at the moment. As soon as we can we will upload the squares lists of December 2015 and January 2016.

In December one package was opened, containing 35 squares and other items.

Hope this is what you were looking for. Anneke xx

Karla sorry I meant to say that one package from you was opened. There were a lot more  packages from other members too. Sorry for the mistake.

Thank you Anneke you try to comfort me. I know about a parcel, which is in the squares list of December 2015. But I wrote about the parcels I sent during the previous months and haven´t been delivered yet.

I'm sorry Karla. Let's wait and see the next month's list. I know there was a backlog.

Sorry I missed this section, Karla I have just replied to your earlier comment up the page a bit!

Don't worry too much Karla, the postal strike as stated did cause a lot of chaos.  I too have so far only seen 1 of my parcels out of about the last 6 on the lists since last October.  Fingers crossed that our parcels will be received and opened soon now that the postal strike chaos has ended.

Thank you Anneke for uploading the list in the meantime until they can be uploaded inside the usual link.

Are the ones list below the December Received Squares? I am still hoping to see my 'sent in Sept.' one. I know the Newsflash says January.

Hi Maudie, the lists are the January received squares. The message for Karla concerns the December Squares List, which unfortunately cannot be added to the usual link too.

Maudie, I checked the October 2015 squares list, your name and parcel are mentioned. Here is the link to the list: http://www.knit-a-square.com/sites/default/files/2015%20October.pdf

Thanks - that October list of 227 was 90 sent in April and 137 sent in July. The 90 sent on 14/9/15 would not be listed in the October list (too soon) - it might be on the December list.

Just checked the December list, unfortunately no parcels from you Maudie.

Thank you. It will come in February!!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Click on box to change options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Postal costs for incoming parcels has risen alarmingly since mid-April
because of a new rule that ALL overseas parcels attract the customary
handling fee and that has been increased to R51.50 PER PARCEL[$3.74USD].
for June figures click :

See how you may help!

Stipend for Thomas Appeal

SQUARES LIST

The JULY  2018 Squares List is available.

Please click

HERE

2018 THEMES OF THE MONTH

Planning ahead??

See the 2018

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

Notes

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Visit the KAS Pattern Book for free patterns in knit, crochet, loom and sewing. …

Continue

Created by Linda Maltby May 2, 2018 at 8:26am. Last updated by Linda Maltby Aug 1.

© 2018   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service