Square Circle Forum

The March 2017 Squares List is available

Please visit the website:

www.knit-a-square.com  

Click on 'Received Squares'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Reminder:

IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT WE TAKE GREAT CARE IN FILLING OUT THE CUSTOMS SLIP.

Please declare '0'  as the parcel value. If your postmaster insists on a value, please declare $1.00. Anything more incurs customs fees. Before mailing any parcels, be sure to read the instructions in the

ZERO TOLERANCE - WE NEED YOUR HELP discussion at

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/zero-tolerance-we-need-...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Squares

-pack flat                                  -tail neatly butterflied                             -bundled in 5/10

2. Inside the parcel: Include the Packing Slip                                      3.Check Postage before mailing          

GRAPHS

The number of squares, hats, handwarmers and toys

received in South Africa in 2017 [Blue linecompared to 2016 [Red line].

The focus for 2017 and for some time to come will be:

squares for blankets, hats, handwarmers and cuddly toys.

In the 2017 Graphs the Tops and other goodies will not be recorded.

Squares: 28.912 (826 blankets)

Hats: 837

Handwarmers: 492

Toys: 303

Because of the large volume of parcels, Ronda and the Team are unable to send personal notification of parcel arrival. Please check the Squares List.

Thank you for your understanding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The January 2017 Squares List is available on http://www.knit-a-square.com , Click on "Received Squares".

383 parcels were received and opened and the total contents were:

14.108 squares (equal to 403 blankets), 639 hats, 445 pairs of handwarmers, 574 toys and many other goodies (marked with a "x" under column "Other" in the Squares list)

NB: The January figures are shown by a blue dot. Next time, when the February graphs are ready, a blue line will be visible from month to month.

If there are any (typing) errors in the squares list regarding your name, city/state or country, please let me know and I will change it accordingly. Anneke

A great start to the new year, especially bearing in mind the situation with the flood. Thanks Anneke. :)

The February 2017 Squares List is available on http://www.knit-a-square.com , Click on "Received Squares".

The February figures are low because of the flood in the KAS Office. It was a tremendous task to clean it, nonetheless the SA team managed to open 161 parcels.

Contents: 7634 squares (218 blankets), 372 Hats, 162 pairs of Handwarmers and 270 Toys.

Other goodies received are marked with an "x" under column "Other".

If there are any (typing) errors in the squares list regarding your name, city/state or country, please let me know and I will change it accordingly. Anneke

Thanks for the update Anneke.  I am happy to see that we have more than one toy per blanket for the month.  I hope all the categories stay on an even keel so that every child can get the complete KAS package.

Hi Amy, I agree with you and feel happy that there are so many toys already at the start of the year! Maybe interesting to know that the overall totals for this year - January + February - are:

21762 squares (at about equal to 621 blankets IF made of 8" squares ), 1011 hats, 607 HWs and 884 toys. I know that Joan Humm is making MANY pairs of handwarmers so we don't have to worry about cold hands! xo 

The March 2017 Squares List is available on  http://www.knit-a-square.com , Click on "Received Squares".

305 parcels were received and opened and the total contents were:

28.912 squares (equal to 826 blankets), 837 hats, 492 pairs of handwarmers, 303 toys and many other goodies (marked with a "x" under column "Other" in the Squares list)

Great totals; thank you Anneke. It's especially good to see the total toys rising again from last month and to see that hats and blankets are so even.

I am a little concerned about a parcel of mine, though. I sent it back in January and was told it should only take about 8 weeks (as they usually do seem to). However, there is still no sign of it. It contained my green blanket, some toys, handwarmers and some stationary items. Is it that they are still working through the backlog from the flooding in SA or could it have gone missing?

Hi Helen, Thank you for your message. I can imagine your concern, but please don't worry. I have sent a parcel at the end of November by airmail. It took 15 days to arrive at the KAS Office - I followed it by Track&Trace -  I saw that it is recorded in the March List. There has been an administrative backlog because of a short (well-deserved)  Christmas break but most of all the flood in the KAS Office, which caused - as you already mentioned - so many problems and a lot of extra work. The administrative work still had to be done. Sorting out squares, hats, handwarmers and toys had "Prio 1", because Winter is coming soon and distributions are going to start. Hope this information will be of help?

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Image result for please images

Please go directly to the Donate page HERE as the Subscribe button below is experiencing difficulties !

[To view other options, Click on Option 1]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

KAS now has 104 regular monthly subscriptions.

A regular monthly income helps to give KAS financial stability.

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

SUPPORT THE GOGOS

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The March 2017 Squares List is available.

Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service