Square Circle Forum

APRIL THEME : EAT A RAINBOW

With special attention to fruit and veggies.

Just imagine all the fruit and vegetables in rainbow colours

The luscious red of ripe juicy tomatoes or sweet strawberries.

The orange tangerines and manderines and carrots

The yellow of lemons , bananas

The green of apples and pears and cucumbers

The pale blue of blue pumpkins ( yes, they really do exist )

The darkblue of blueberries

and finally the deep violet of grapes and figs and egg plant

Some people say that there really aren't any true blue fruit or vegetables, but the sky that watches over our gardens is blue .

Use the colour wheel, your imagination or whatever source you please to create a riot of colourful squares.

There are not so many patterns with fruit and vegetables outside the apple, orange and lemon slice appliqués. Here are a few ideas to provide inspiration.

Red apple square

bunch of grapes                                  

cherries

carrot

Enjoy yourselves, be colourful and remember you have the rainbow, the fruit, and the veggies, but there also all the flowers that surround the vegetable plot to keep the insects away. In fact any colour is welcome as long as it’s brightand cheerful.

Please remember that you can help provide fruit and a nutritious snack for the children by visiting the KASstore.

Don’t forget the PJ’s !

and the pattern of the month which is the mitre square. The pattern can be found in the KAS Pattern Book on theSquare Circle Forum.

Please don't forget to post photos of your mouthwatering squares here, so that they can be added to the album for the month.

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/april-theme-2017

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/april-theme-2017-album-2

Views: 4939

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a beautiful way to present carrots and corn.

Loving your carrots and corn Glo...great trick with your (not so simple to me) TSS.....lol

Wow! 

Great squares, Valerie! I think my fave is the peas in a pod.  Don't know how you did that, but it is very cute.

It's a very easy crochet pattern which I just sewed onto a square from one of my retirement home ladies.

Valerie, you intro is truly amazing!  You "Thought like a child" with all the colors and food.  I can't wait to see what appears here this month.  You have started us on a great "Calorie Free" adventure.

These three squares look very yummy.

These peas are just too precious! Enjoying all your squares!!

Valerie, I love your colourful introduction and your super squares! Rainbow colours are always a favourite with children, so this theme certainly allows us 'to think like a child' and use our brightest colours :))

This is my basket of fruit and vegetables, but my camera has let me down! Some colours are actually much brighter than the photo, so you need to use your imaginations...... bright red fruit, perhaps apples and strawberries, oranges, purple aubergines, lemons, green cabbages, tangerines, purple grapes and limes, all within the basket  (narrow brown band). As we always say, the children will see the right colours :))

Chris, your basket of fruit and vegetables is divine!!!  The colors are lovely on my screen and a lucky child is going to love being wrapped in this beauty!  I'm amazed at how fast you turn these masterpieces out :)) xo

What a fabulous blanket, Chris!

YUMMY!!! A delicious and colorful basket!!! I always love your blankets Christine, this is not an exception. Jess loves too? Thanks do much!!

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Image result for please images

Please go directly to the Donate page HERE as the Subscribe button below is experiencing difficulties !

[To view other options, Click on Option 1]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $17484.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

KAS MERCHANDISE

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The April 2017 Squares List is available.

Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service