Square Circle Forum

KAS FINANCES - URGENT APPEAL

APPEAL FOR DISTRIBUTION FUNDS

Ronda has been in touch to let us know her concerns regarding the lack of funds in the KAS bank account. Ronda urgently requires funds to be able to carry out the winter distributions to the children, these distributions are due to start within the next few weeks before the weather becomes too cold.

Here is a message direct from Ronda;

Sadly the flood was costly in terms of cleaning costs and re-organising the office so that nothing stands on the floor, ie. bringing in a whole bunch of shipping pallets etc.  Not to mention room and fabric sprays to help with the appalling smell of damp wool which seemed not to go away despite our running all the room fans for two solid weeks!!!

In Rand terms it costs us between R30,000 and R35,000 per month to run KAS. That would be approximately $2600 or £2100 at current exchange rates.  We have been receiving between $800 - $1500 via PAYPAL for many months now, so have eaten into our reserves each month. We have approximately 12 regularly monthly donors The bank account it is the lowest it has been in many years ”

As you can see there is a huge shortfall each month between the amount of money it takes to run KAS and the amount Ronda receives via PayPal donations. Today we are launching an appeal on behalf of Ronda to raise urgently needed distribution funds. Without these funds KAS cannot complete its wonderful work.

YOU CAN HELP BY:

• Making a purchase from the KAS shop. There are numerous options to choose from with prices starting from $5. 

The KAS Shop is a direct donation to a child through Knit-a-Square.

• By making a one off donation through PayPal (please use the button on the right side of the forum pages)

• By setting up a monthly subscription to KAS. Subscriptions start from $5 each month. (please use the subscribe button on the right side of the forum pages)

Don't have Paypal - You can still help

If you don't have paypal you can still contribute. The follow moderators are able to collect cheques payments and forward these to  Ronda.

Helen Flagg (USA)

Bev Jeffery ( Australia )

Louise Tidman (UK)

Please leave you details on the discussion below or contact the Mod to arrange this.

Going forward...... What can we do ?

As some of our older forum members will be aware, we have had to request for funds previously. Since moving into rental premises, KAS outgoings have increased, but so has KAS and it is not practical or realistic for KAS to be run from Ronda's home. Unfortunately grants are not easily obtainable. Ronda and her team are doing their best to try and win these and also search for cheaper premises. But both are not easy tasks.

Can you imagine what a relief it would be to Ronda and her team if we could all sign up to a monthly donation of $5,this would give her the stability. KAS operates on a shoestring budget and not a penny is wasted. Every penny really counts.

Look at how many forum member we have and if we all gave $5 dollars a month just imagine how many children Ronda could help and the security it would give KAS to keep going. So please ,please , please can you consider doing this.

We all know that KAS really does make a difference on the ground to these children.KAS Supplied blankets to 6000 children last year.

And finally .....

If any forum members have any ideas to help raise funds these would be welcomed by the Moderators. Please share on the discussion below or contact a moderator directly.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and your support. Together we can help and make a difference to these children's lives.

Views: 8451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As many UK KAS members will know, Elaine Jones and I run Knit for Life in the UK and we have always made KAS the prime target for our funds.   UK KAS members can get funds to Ronda by using Easy Fundraising when they buy online and Elaine will forward the funds raised to Ronda.

This is how it works - 

Whenever you buy anything online - from your weekly shop to your annual holiday - you could be collecting free donations for Knit for Life and all of these will be passed on to KAS. So far Knit for Life has raised over £800 like this.

There are over 3,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation, including Amazon, John Lewis, Aviva, thetrainline and Sainsbury's – it doesn't cost you a penny extra!

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3...

1. Head to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/knitforlife/ and join for free.

2. Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.

3. After you’ve checked out, that retailer will make a donation to your good cause for no extra cost whatsoever!

There are no catches or hidden charges and Knit for Life will pass on the funds to Ronda.

Several UK KAS supporters do this already but not many - and you can check with Ronda that we send the funds on to her.

You can message me or Elaine on the forum if you would like more information - or ask here.

Thanks Pam for this information. I will forward it to family that lives in London. I'll try it also when I'm there in March.

Thanks so much. Best. /diana

Thanks Diana - it is such an easy way to raise funds and it doesn't cost a penny!  Best wishes.  Pam

Great reminder Pam and it us so easy to do xox
I have just signed up for this. I have been meaning to do this for ages, but needed the extra push. I'll work on the family to join up too.
Well done Cath, thankyou! Family will perhaps enjoy getting involved knowing how much KAS means to you. That's how it is with Geoff anyway - maybe I'm just fortunate!xx
I hope so. Mike is very supportive of me and KAS, especially after visiting KAS last year. It's just as well really as our house looks like a wool shop and square warehouse! He draws the line at learning to knit or crochet though!!

Mike sounds just like Martin, he is happy for me to be totally consumed by KAS but he refuses to learn how to knit or crochet!  lol   :)))

Thank you Cath that us brilliant xox

Thank you Cath, everything we do will help Ronda and the children.  :)))

Yes and us as well. I don't know what I would do without KAS and I'm sure I am not alone. I just love the fact that it is a direct action group with no 'middlemen' (or women) and everyone does what they can to help the children.

Totally agree, well said Cath. 

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Image result for please images

Please go directly to the Donate page HERE as the Subscribe button below is experiencing difficulties !

[To view other options, Click on Option 1]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $17484.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

KAS MERCHANDISE

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The April 2017 Squares List is available.

Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service