SQUARE HEART OF THE MONTH AWARD

Edited this month by Pam Antink

The Square Heart Award for May 2014 is for

Paola Ferrari - Bologna -

Italy

Paola and husband Ettore

Paola joined Knit-a-Square in March 2010, and, is one of those members who beavers away quietly in the background.

She works as an English teacher in Italy, and has contributed beautiful squares, with lovely and  kind feedback & comments. One member has described her as someone with a heart of pure gold.

Paola fund raising for Knit-a-Square at her school in 2013!

As an English teacher, Paola is a great Anglophile and feels that Great Britain is her second home. "Sometimes I think it is my first!" she commented when she posted the square below.

gb             

Gloria found a quote Paola posted by John Wesley :

"Do all the good you can, 

By all the means you can,

In all the ways you can,

In all the places you can,

At all the times you can,

To all the people you can,

As long as ever you can."

[Incidentally a great summary of KAS members!]

Here are some of Paola's students at "Saffi" secondary school. They made these squares during an after-school group, from February to May 2013. Our squares are now on their way to South Africa... From Italy with Love.

Here is a selection of her work :

Rainbow of love Up and down black and white experiments 2  Springtime is coming Old America and log cabin Jamaica style Round vest Italy or Christmas?   Made in Italy summer flowers

The square below is called Cloudy Skies!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's good to learn about someone else in Italy who is supporting knit a square. We'll done Paola.
  • Congratulations Paola. This is a well deserved award for you. Always selfless, making beautiful squares with your students, really wonderful. xo

• Congratulations, Paola!  A well deserved honor for your dedicated work for the children.  So happy to see you teaching children the ways of giving - it's the best way to spread the love!

• Well deserved square heart award Paola.... your work and commitment is 100 %

• Congratulations on this award, Paola....so well deserved. Your 'quiet' achievements for the children of KAS are simply wonderful.  :))

• Congratulations, Paola!

• We love you too, Paola!  You are our KAS 'heart' in Italy - thanks for all you are doing.

• Thank you, thank you, thank you. <3.
    I love all the beautiflul people of KAS. Paola. :-)
  • Congratulations, Paola. Molto bene!

• Congratulations Paola.  Your work for KAS is beautiful and warming.

This reply was deleted.