Square Circle Forum

As we enter the last few weeks of yet another wonderful KAS year, it's time to plan ahead for 2017. 

We have created a list of themes, which we hope will engage and inspire you.

Jan - Toy Story - Amy

As toys are always needed, Amy will be running this toy drive from Jan-April. Toys can be handmade, shop bought or pre-loved (washed and in good condition) from charity shops. Also, squares with a toy theme. 

Feb - Passion for Purple- Sharon & Louise

March - 1 Heart, 2 Hearts, Pink Hearts, Blue Hearts - Gloria

April - Eat A Rainbow - Valerie

Squares with a fruit and veg flavour. PJ squares in colours of your favourite fruit and veg, or picture squares.

May - Kids Love to Learn - Bev

The alphabet, numbers, colours, transport, short words.....

June -  From Sunrise to Sunset: Mother Nature in Your Day - Sue G.

Take inspiration from what you see in your day. The changing colours of the day, or sun , sky, flowers. a rainbow, misty mountains and whatever the weather, there is something for your eyes to share.

July - Legs and Wings, Fins & Slithery Things: Animals Abound - Amy

August - Terrific to Touch - Heather

Create squares of texture; from classic garter to a multitude of patterns....and don't forget all the fun fur yarns languishing in the bottom of your stash.

September - Diagonals Are Forever & Sassy Stripes Are Superb - Karen G.

October - Gorgeous Grannies & Garters plus Variegated Wonders - Susan D.

November - Temperature - Anneke

A fun new idea from Debbie and Anneke.

December - Odds & Ends - Sharon

Our traditional wind down to Christmas.

As we go about creating squares and other items for 'our' children - in each theme for 2017, let's 'think like a child'. The amazing colours, the designs, the patterns that any child would love......and as always, please don't forget the all-important pj (i.e. garter/single crochet/granny) square that supports all the squares in coming together to create each beautiful blanket.

Views: 1753

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for this list, Bev. I have to confess, I have only skimmed it as I rather enjoy the surprise of finding out what the new theme is each month! However, it looks very impressive!

With my memory these days, I often forget, so unless I check the themes discussion before the month begins, it can be a surprise for me, too......lol.

Ha ha ha ... I'm like you, Bev.  Once I've read the list, my mind seems to go back a few paces to before I read the list ... :) xo

I'm a newby. I'll make sure I knit the monthly themes, great idea! I'm on my 6th square and plan to get my friends and family knitting and crocheting for KAS. Keep up the good work team, you are all wonderful! ❤

Thank you for joining us, Gail.  :))

The themes are just for fun, you are most welcome to knit any squares at any time and not necessarily relating to the theme of that month. The themes are suggestions to provide a bit of fun, inspiration and friendship.  :))

We would love to see some of your squares.....but no pressure.  :))

Here is the link to the December theme if you would like to take a peek (if you haven't already done so, of course.)

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/december-2016-theme-bit...

Hello Gail, and welcome!  It's always a thrill to 'meet' another knitter/crocheter.

As Bev says, the themes are for fun (actually, more than a bit, Bev ... tee hee hee :), inspiration and friendship .  At the moment, many are  busy with holiday preparations, but come January we hope there will be lots of our members back online and working their way through all the new yarn they got for Christmas!  xo

Ok Glo, so I may have played it down a bit....it's a LOT of fun!!.....lol.......and half the fun is buying more yarn, for the month,  'cos you just don't seem to have quite the correct yarn you need.......lol.

Thank You so much for the Themes List for 2017.  

I found a pattern that will suit many of the themes (and might take me that long to make it).  It is a multi-color alphabet with a giraffe and an elephant.   A MUST HAVE for KAS.  

My husband asked what I wanted for Christmas, and I said that I "needed" matching yarn in many colors to complete this particular pattern.   So he said, "Order what you need.   Merry Christmas"    I ordered 40 skeins --- on sale.   No, it doesn't take 40 skeins to make one blanket, but I will certainly use the remainder for other KAS projects.   Then, guess what?   I didn't have room to store 40 more skeins.   So he bought me a new shelving unit to store it.

I think I might have sufficient stash for all of 2017.   Won't it be fun to find out???

I hope all of you have as much fun with your yarn as I'm planning to have with mine.

Merry Christmas, Sharon. I hope you have a lovely time creating with all your new yarn.

Hubby told me to 'buy yarn' for Christmas, too....so I did....but not 40 skeins.....lol........I would have to buy more storage space, too.......and probably put an extension on the house......lol. I wish I was a faster knitter.  :((

Sharon, could you loan me your hubby for a few years? Only joking as I must admit that mine is pretty "yarn tolerant".  He only occasionally gives a little squeak when it becomes difficult to move around the living rom because of yarn jams!

My ever-patient husband has also taken to raising his eyebrows very slightly when he sees more yarn coming into the house (when I can't slip it in without him noticing!) Unfortunately I've just realised there's one more colour that I absolutely 'need', which I don't have....... can I manage to leave the shop with just one skein???

Not likely, Lesley!!.......lolol.   

I can't leave a yarn shop empty handed....even when I'm 'just looking'...lol.

RSS

KNIT-A-SQUARE SOUTH AFRICA

DONATE DIRECTLY to

KNIT-A-SQUARE SA

Monthly donation:

Image result for please images

Please go directly to the Donate page HERE as the Subscribe button below is experiencing difficulties !

[To view other options, Click on Option 1]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $17484.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

KAS MERCHANDISE

CLICK HERE

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

SQUARES LIST

The June 2017 Squares List is delayed. Our sincere apologies.

For the May 2017 Squares List please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service