I'm really happy to host this month's theme and hope you have fun with lots of colour.

The November theme this year is "Oceans, Land, Sky and Space".

A very vast subject which is designed to let you indulge in your love of colour……purely and simply.

If your stash looks anything like mine, or Cath’s or Helen’s , then you need to use as much yarn as possible before you can legitimately ask Santa Claus to bring you more for Christmas!

Think of all the blues, greens and turquoise you can use on the oceans.

Or the browns, yellows and complete range of colours for land and trees, flowers or animals on it.

Then there are the delicate blues and brilliant yellow of a sunny sky, or the colours of a rainbow.

Finally space can be any colour you wish, as so far none of us have been there, so we can colour it our own special colour.

There is only one rule to be followed:

HAVE FUN!

To follow all the contributions to this theme you can find all the photos in the album on the following link:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/2015-november-theme-oce.

Here's the link for the second album:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/2015-november-album-2 

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Two contrasting contributions from Earlston Wednesday Club knitters.  2930313199?profile=original2930313224?profile=original

• A bit late, but here is my final contribution to November:

2965316111?profile=RESIZE_480x480The square on the left is just a general garden colours square. The one on the right is a "rescue" square. The little mauve square in the middle was in a donation of wool along with a lot of really little trial bits of knitting and crochet. I kept them and am going to use them all eventually. This square is a Fuschia.

2965316301?profile=RESIZE_480x480

These are my "Pebble Beach" squares, although I'm afraid the dark corners look like an oil slick!

2965316580?profile=RESIZE_480x480

Finallyhere is a gravel path with an Aubretia border.

Happy December theme to you all.

• Valerie, a flower to thank you for a lovely November theme.  This theme has brightened my days as the cold and damp of November closed in.  

This is a donated square that needed some TLC to cover the colour changes.

2930312780?profile=original

• 2868298794?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Interpretation of the Heart Reef at the Great Barrier Reef.

Thank you so much for hosting this theme Valerie. Your pictures at the starting page inspired me to make a heart square with a double meaning. First of all "Oceans" (I choose the picture of the famous heart reef) and last but not least a heart for you, a very special lady hosting the theme during hard times in France and nonetheless always a heartwarming word and compliments for each of us. xoxoxo

• Star Light, Star Bright...first star I see tonight :-) 

2015 November -Star Light, Star Bright

• 2886776145?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

The Four Seasons

I was inspired by the photo of the landscape showing the sun, green fields and purple/blue/grey sky and mountains. Thank you so much Valerie :)

In the Northern Hemisphere it is Autumn/Winter, represented in the main part of the blanket, surrounded by and decorated with a glimpse of Spring and Summer for the Southern Hemisphere.

The plain squares and the edging were crocheted in linen stitch. The yellow striped diagonals are knitted ones and were made for the October Theme.

• Another set of colourful grannies from the Earlston Wednesday Club.  .  I can barely keep up with their wonderful contributions.2965312706?profile=original

• Susan, I love your grannies!

• Wow Susan!!! I am thinking gardens with this lovely selection. Spring flowers, rockeries, etc.

What a talented bunch!!!!

• Another beautiful selection of squares from the Earlston group.

This reply was deleted.