Square Circle Forum

"Variety is the Spice of Life"- and this month's theme offers plenty of variety whatever your level of skills in knitting or crochet.

Let  your imagination run riot with  yarn, colour,  stitch  and texture to create squares, blankets, hand warmers or toys, whether a  traditional crochet granny square,  in knitted garter stitch -  we love Plain Janes  - or in the wonderful range of variegated yarn. 

Or try your hand at something new  - there are lots of ideas on the KAS Pattern Book

Do share your pictures of grannies, garters and variegated wonders  on the KAS Square Forum page - under Photos and also under Discussion Categories for the October 2017 theme.   We look forward to seeing them.

Postcript: 

With apologies, I prepared this introduction ages ago with lots of your lovely squares as examples of grannies, garters and variegated wonders - but I have spent all afternoon trying to post it, and it keeps telling me I am way, way over the no. of characters allowed. I admit I am not very IT savvy, but I have resized images, edited the text to no avail. So instead - here it is in plain words.

I look forward to you all adding lots of colour to this month's theme.

THANK YOU.

Views: 1901

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Susan, I can certainly empathize with you (as I'm sure many others can, as well).  But there is really no cause for worry because I feel certain that the pages of this fabulous theme will be filled with a great many colors, textures, patterns, and a whole lot of fun!  Thank you for hosting this month ... xo

Let the FUN begin. Thanks Susan for hosting this month theme.

My first contributions for this month - a diagonal garter, a fiery grannie  - and a calming variegated  "wonder".   - I need it!.  I am off to recover with some chocolate!  

A great way to start the new theme. The granny square is gorgeous, warm colors and texture. Diagonals are my fav, but you know that.

Thanks Susan.

Great start, Susan.  All three of these are gorgeous, but that fiery granny in the centre is an absolute stunner!  Well done :)   You've certainly earned your 'chocolate break' ... xo

Ning can be a pain at times....unfortunately it picked today to act up for you Susan.
Thanks for leading this month's discussion. I'm looking forward to seeing lots of lovely things from KAS knitters and crocheters.

Many thanks for your kind words, Linda.  I hope the rest of the month goes more smoothly!

I love your fiery Granny, Susan. This theme is going to be right up my street as I just love diagonals so much. Such a shame that ning wasn't behaving today but I'm sure once everyone starts posting their pics this theme will be a riot of colour. :)
Thank you, Joan, for your understanding comment. Yes , diagonals are right up my street as well and mine always seem to come out better than straight knitting. I look forward to seeing your colourful contributions and your wonderful use of variegated yarns.

Thank you Susan for hosting a theme again this year....it is soooooo appreciated.  :))

I think your introduction has given us all much food for thought......so let us 'colour it up' for you.  :))

Ning seems to be playing up for me these past few days as it takes forever to add each and ever 'reply' I try to make.

LOVE your squares....the top one and the variegated are so delicate and pretty and your granny is totally gorgeous!!

You have started the month off beautifully.  :))

Don't worry Susan, your theme will soon fill up with fine examples. Your words are inspiration enough.  I love your variety squares !

Bev I am finding the same problem. I thought I would never get this comment up !

Bev and Sue, I'm having the same problem.  Ning is chug, chug, chugging away before it settles my reply into place.  I just knit a few rows while I wait ... :) xo

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

Monthly donation:

Payment Options

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One time donation:

FINANCIAL REPORT

Since the start of our appeal in March 2017 we have raised $29744.

This is really helping to give KAS financial stability

Thank you all !!!

Link : LATEST KAS FINANCIAL UPDATE 

SHOP

VISIT THE KAS SHOP

HERE

BUY 2 BAGS OF FRUIT

CLICK HERE

SQUARES LIST

The September 2017 Squares List is available. Please visit the website http://www.knit-a-square.com and click on "Received Squares"

HELPFUL HINTS

New to the forum?

Please click on

HELPFUL HINTS tab

at the top of this  

page

HAVE A QUESTION?             

Please click here

© 2017   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service